Amitabh Bachchan is an Indian actor, film producer, television host, occasional playback singer, and former politician. He is widely regarded as one of the most successful and influential actors in the history of Indian cinema. He is referred to as the Shahenshah of Bollywood, Sadi Ke Mahanayak (Hindi for, “Greatest actor of the century”), Star of the Millennium, or Big B. His dominance in the Indian movie scenario during the 1970s–80s made the French director François Truffaut call it a “one-man industry”.
Bachchan has starred in over 200 films in a career spanning more than five decades. He is known for his roles in films such as Zanjeer (1973), Deewaar (1975), Sholay (1975), Kabhie Kabhie (1976), Amar Akbar Anthony (1977), Trishul (1978), Don (1978), Muqaddar Ka Sikandar (1978), Coolie (1983), Agneepath (1990), and Mohabbatein (2000). He has also hosted the popular Indian television game show Kaun Banega Crorepati (Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?) since 2000.
In addition to his acting career, Bachchan has also served as a member of the Indian Parliament from 1984 to 1987. He is also a successful businessman and philanthropist.
Bachchan has received numerous awards and accolades for his work in cinema, including four National Film Awards for Best Actor and 15 Filmfare Awards for Best Actor. He has also been awarded the Padma Bhushan and the Padma Vibhushan, two of India’s highest civilian honors.
Table of Contents
Amitabh Bachchan Net Worth
Amitabh Bachchan’s net worth is estimated to be around $410 million (Rs. 3,396 crore) as of 2023. He is one of the highest-paid actors in Bollywood and also earns a significant amount of money from brand endorsements and television shows.
Related: Aamir Khan Net Worth
Bachchan’s main sources of income are:
- Acting: He charges around Rs. 6 crore for a film.
- Brand endorsements: He is one of the most sought-after brand ambassadors in India and earns around Rs. 5 crore per endorsement.
- Television shows: He hosts the popular game show Kaun Banega Crorepati, for which he is reportedly paid around Rs. 5 crore per episode.
In addition to his income from acting, brand endorsements, and television shows, Bachchan also owns a number of properties and investments. He owns four bungalows in Mumbai, a farmhouse near Pune, and a number of other properties in India and abroad. He is also a co-owner of the Indian Pro League football club Chennaiyin FC.
Bachchan is a philanthropist and has donated generously to various charities and social causes. He is the ambassador for several government campaigns, including Polio Eradication and Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (Clean India Mission).
Real Estate Holdings
Amitabh Bachchan is one of the richest celebrities in India, and his real estate portfolio is impressive. Here is a list of all his known real estate assets, along with their estimated worth:
|Jalsa||Juhu, Mumbai||Rs. 112 crore|
|Prateeksha||Juhu, Mumbai||Rs. 80 crore|
|Janak||Juhu, Mumbai||Rs. 50 crore|
|Vatsa||Juhu, Mumbai||Rs. 40 crore|
|Flat in Juhu||Juhu, Mumbai||Rs. 20 crore|
|Flat in Juhu||Juhu, Mumbai||Rs. 20 crore|
|Flat in France||Paris, France||Rs. 3 crore|
|Flat in Gurgaon||Gurgaon, Haryana||Rs. 1.2 crore|
|Agricultural land||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh||Rs. 3 crore|
|Agricultural land||Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh||Rs. 3 crore|
|Non-agricultural land||Ahmedabad, Gujarat||Rs. 15 lakh|
|Commercial building||Juhu, Mumbai||Rs. 25 crore|
In addition to these properties, Bachchan also owns a number of commercial properties in Mumbai, worth over Rs. 50 crore.
Total estimated worth of Amitabh Bachchan’s real estate assets: Rs. 450 crore
It is important to note that these are just estimates, and the actual value of Bachchan’s real estate portfolio may be higher or lower.
Related: Shah Rukh Khan (SRK) Net Worth
Most expensive things owned by Amitabh Bachchan
Amitabh Bachchan is one of the richest celebrities in India, and he owns a number of expensive things. Here is a list of some of the most expensive things owned by Amitabh Bachchan:
- Jalsa: Amitabh Bachchan’s home in Mumbai, Jalsa, is estimated to be worth over Rs. 100 crore. It is a spacious bungalow with five bedrooms, a swimming pool, and a gym.
- Prateeksha: Amitabh Bachchan’s other home in Mumbai, Prateeksha, is also estimated to be worth over Rs. 100 crore. It is a smaller bungalow than Jalsa, but it is still very luxurious.
- Rolls Royce Phantom: Amitabh Bachchan owns a Rolls Royce Phantom, which is estimated to be worth over Rs. 8 crore. It is one of the most expensive cars in India.
- Bentley Continental GT: Amitabh Bachchan also owns a Bentley Continental GT, which is estimated to be worth over Rs. 3 crore. It is another very expensive car.
- Private jet: Amitabh Bachchan owns a private jet, which is estimated to be worth over Rs. 260 crore. It is a Gulfstream G550, which is a very luxurious and spacious jet.
In addition to these expensive things, Amitabh Bachchan also owns a number of other valuable assets, including land, jewelry, and investments. He is one of the richest celebrities in India, and he enjoys a very luxurious lifestyle.
Amitabh Bachchan’s parents are Harivansh Rai Bachchan and Teji Bachchan.
- Harivansh Rai Bachchan (1907-2003) was a renowned Hindi poet and writer. He is considered to be one of the greatest poets of the 20th century. His poetry is known for its simplicity, depth, and emotional resonance. He also wrote several novels, plays, and essays.
- Teji Bachchan (1914-2007) was a social activist and philanthropist. She was also a talented singer and actress. She was actively involved in various social causes, including women’s empowerment and education.
Bachchan’s parents were a great source of inspiration and support to him. He credits them for instilling in him the values of hard work, humility, and compassion.
In an interview, Bachchan said, “My parents were the biggest influence on my life. They taught me everything I know about life, values, and morality. I am forever grateful to them.”
Amitabh Bachchan‘s brother is Ajitabh Bachchan. He is five years younger than Amitabh. Ajitabh is a businessman and lives in London with his family. He is married to Naina Bachchan and they have three daughters, Nilima, Naina, and Namrita, and a son, Bhim Bachchan.
Ajitabh and Amitabh are very close brothers. They have always supported each other through thick and thin. In an interview, Amitabh said, “My brother is my best friend. He is the one person I can always count on.”
Amitabh Bachchan’s wife is Jaya Bachchan (née Bhaduri). She is a renowned Indian actress and politician. She is known for her natural acting style and her roles in films such as Guddi (1971), Upkar (1971), Abhimaan (1973), and Sholay (1975). She has also starred in several successful films with Amitabh Bachchan, including Zanjeer (1973), Kabhie Kabhie (1976), and Amar Akbar Anthony (1977).
Jaya Bachchan is also a successful politician. She has been a member of the Rajya Sabha (upper house of the Indian Parliament) since 2004. She is a member of the Samajwadi Party.
Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan have been married for over 50 years. They are considered to be one of the most power couples in the Indian entertainment industry.
In an interview, Amitabh Bachchan said, “Jaya is the most important person in my life. She is my rock and my support system. I am so grateful to have her in my life.”
Amitabh Bachchan has two children, a son and a daughter.
- Abhishek Bachchan, born February 5, 1976, is an Indian actor and film producer. He is married to the Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai, and they have a daughter, Aaradhya.
- Shweta Bachchan-Nanda, born March 17, 1974, is an Indian fashion designer. She is married to the businessman Nikhil Nanda, and they have two children, Navya Naveli Nanda and Agastya Nanda.
Amitabh Bachchan is a very close father to his children. He has always been supportive of their careers and personal lives. In an interview, he said, “My children are my everything. I am so proud of the people they have become.”
in which year did amitabh bachchan debut in hindi cinema?
Amitabh Bachchan made his debut in Hindi cinema in the year 1969 with the film Saat Hindustani.
Who is known as Big B in Bollywood?
Amitabh Bachchan is known as Big B in Bollywood. He is a legendary Indian actor, film producer, television host, occasional playback singer, and former politician. He is widely regarded as one of the most successful and influential actors in the history of Indian cinema.