Drew Barrymore is a Hollywood icon whose name is synonymous with success, resilience, and Hollywood stardom. Her career has spanned over four decades, and she has established herself as a talented actress, director, producer, and author. Her journey to stardom is an inspiring tale of triumph over adversity, and her contributions to the entertainment industry have earned her a place in the pantheon of Hollywood legends. In this article, we will delve deep into the life and career of Drew Barrymore’s Spouse, Net Worth, Movies, Tv Shows, exploring her early beginnings, her rise to fame, and her continued success in the industry.
Table of Contents
Drew Barrymore Spouse
Drew Barrymore, the American actress, producer, and talk show host, has been married three times. Her ex-spouses are as follows:
- Jeremy Thomas: Drew Barrymore’s first marriage was to Jeremy Thomas. They met when Barrymore was 19 and Thomas was 31 at a Los Angeles bar he owned. They dated for six weeks before getting married.
- Tom Green: Drew Barrymore’s second marriage was to comedian Tom Green. They were married from 2001 to 2002.
- Will Kopelman: Drew Barrymore’s third marriage was to Will Kopelman, an art consultant. They were married from 2012 to 2016. They have two daughters together named Olive and Frankie. Will Kopelman has since remarried to Alexandra Michler.
Drew Barrymore has an estimated net worth of $125 million. She has accumulated her wealth through her successful career as an actress, producer, director, and businesswoman. Barrymore has received numerous awards and nominations throughout her career, including a Golden Globe Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award. Additionally, she founded Flower Films, a production company known for its involvement in successful films such as “Charlie’s Angels,” “Donnie Darko,” “Never Been Kissed,” and “Scream”.
Movies and Tv Shows
Here is a list of Drew Barrymore’s notable movies and TV shows:
- Altered States (1980)
- E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
- Firestarter (1984)
- Cat’s Eye (1985)
- Irreconcilable Differences (1984)
- Babes in Toyland (1986)
- Far from Home (1989)
- Doppelganger (1993)
- Bad Girls (1994)
- Boys on the Side (1995)
- Scream (1996)
- Everyone Says I Love You (1996)
- The Wedding Singer (1998)
- Ever After (1998)
- Never Been Kissed (1999)
- Charlie’s Angels (2000)
- Riding in Cars with Boys (2001)
- Donnie Darko (2001)
- Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (2002)
- 50 First Dates (2004)
- Fever Pitch (2005)
- Music and Lyrics (2007)
- Lucky You (2007)
- Beverly Hills Chihuahua (2008)
- He’s Just Not That Into You (2009)
- Whip It (2009) (also directed)
- Going the Distance (2010)
- Big Miracle (2012)
- Blended (2014)
- Miss You Already (2015)
- Santa Clarita Diet (2017) (TV series)
- The Stand-In (2020)
- The Drew Barrymore Show (2020) (TV series)
- The Happiest Season (2020)
- Grey Gardens (2022)
- Adam’s Wife (2023)
- 2000 Malibu Road (1992) (miniseries)
- The Amy Fisher Story (1993) (TV movie)
- The Ray Bradbury Theater (1992-1993) (guest appearance)
- The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson (1993) (guest host)
- Saturday Night Live (1999, 2009) (guest host)
- Family Guy (2005, 2011) (voice guest appearance)
- Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle (2003) (producer)
- Flower Films Presents (2006-2007) (TV series) (executive producer)
- Knife Fight (2013-2015) (TV series)
- Odd Mom Out (2017) (guest appearance)
- World’s Best (2019) (TV series)
Early Life and Family Background
Drew Barrymore was born on February 22, 1975, in Culver City, California. She was born into a family of actors and performers, and her lineage can be traced back to her grandfather, John Barrymore, who was a legendary actor of the silent film era. Her parents, John Drew Barrymore and Jaid Barrymore, were both actors, but their tumultuous relationship resulted in Drew having a turbulent childhood. Her parents divorced when she was nine years old, and she was raised primarily by her mother.
Early Career and Rise to Fame
Drew Barrymore began her career in show business at a very young age, appearing in a dog food commercial when she was just eleven months old. She made her feature film debut in 1980, at the age of five, in the movie “Altered States.” She followed this up with a string of successful roles in films such as “E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial,” “Firestarter,” and “Irreconcilable Differences.”
Despite her early success, Drew Barrymore’s personal life was spiraling out of control. She began experimenting with drugs and alcohol when she was just nine years old and was in rehab by the age of thirteen. However, she managed to turn her life around and make a comeback in the late 1990s, starring in films such as “Scream,” “The Wedding Singer,” and “Never Been Kissed.”
Continued Success and Contributions to the Industry
In the 2000s, Drew Barrymore established herself as a producer and director, with her production company, Flower Films, producing hits such as “Charlie’s Angels,” “50 First Dates,” and “Donnie Darko.” She also made her directorial debut with the 2009 movie “Whip It,” which received critical acclaim.
In addition to her work in the entertainment industry, Drew Barrymore has also authored several books, including “Little Girl Lost,” which chronicled her struggles with addiction and her journey to recovery. She has also been actively involved in philanthropic work, serving as an ambassador for the United Nations World Food Programme and raising awareness about issues such as hunger and poverty.
Drew Barrymore’s journey to stardom is a testament to her resilience, talent, and unwavering spirit. Despite facing numerous challenges throughout her life, she has managed to carve out a successful career in the entertainment industry and establish herself as a true Hollywood icon. Her contributions to the industry and her philanthropic work have earned her a place in the hearts of her fans and the admiration of her peers. Drew Barrymore’s story is an inspiration to all those who aspire to make their mark in the world of show business.
What is Drew Barrymore’s net worth?
As of 2023, Drew Barrymore’s net worth is estimated to be around $150 million.