Jean-Claude Van Damme is a legendary Belgian actor, martial artist, and director. He is known for his impressive physique, martial arts skills, and stunning performances in various action movies. Van Damme has been active in the film industry for more than four decades and has become a household name in the action genre. In this article, we will delve into Jean-Claude Van Damme’s Movies, Net Worth, Spouse, Daughter, life, career, and legacy of the Muscles from Brussels.
Table of Contents
Here is a comprehensive list of Jean-Claude Van Damme’s movies:
- Woman Between Wolf and Dog (1979)
- Monaco Forever (1984)
- Breakin’ (1984)
- Missing in Action (1984)
- No Retreat, No Surrender (1986)
- Black Eagle (1988)
- Bloodsport (1988)
- Cyborg (1989)
- Kickboxer (1989)
- Lionheart (1990)
- Death Warrant (1990)
- Double Impact (1991)
- Universal Soldier (1992)
- Nowhere to Run (1993)
- Hard Target (1993)
- Last Action Hero (1993) – cameo appearance
- Timecop (1994)
- Street Fighter (1994)
- Sudden Death (1995)
- The Quest (1996) – also directed by Van Damme
- Maximum Risk (1996)
- Double Team (1997)
- Knock Off (1998)
- Legionnaire (1998)
- Universal Soldier: The Return (1999)
- Desert Heat (1999)
- Replicant (2001)
- The Order (2001)
- Derailed (2002)
- In Hell (2003)
- Wake of Death (2004)
- Narco (2004)
- The Hard Corps (2006)
- Second in Command (2006)
- The Shepherd: Border Patrol (2008)
- Until Death (2007)
- The Quest Trilogy (2014-2018) – includes The Quest, The Bouncer, and Full Love
- JCVD (2008)
- Universal Soldier: Regeneration (2009)
- Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning (2012)
- 6 Bullets (2012)
- Enemies Closer (2013)
- Welcome to the Jungle (2013)
- Swelter (2014)
- Pound of Flesh (2015)
- Full Love (2017) – completed in 2018 but unreleased
- Black Water (2018)
- Lukas (2018) – also known as The Bouncer
- We Die Young (2019)
- The Tower (2020)
- The Last Mercenary (2021)
Jean-Claude Van Damme, also known as JCVD, has an estimated net worth ranging from $30 million to $45 million. He has accumulated his wealth through his successful career as an actor, martial artist, filmmaker, and fight choreographer.
Van Damme is best known for his series of popular martial arts action films such as “Bloodsport,” “Kickboxer,” “Double Impact,” and the “Universal Soldier” franchise. His net worth reflects his achievements in the entertainment industry and his contributions to martial arts.
Jean-Claude Van Damme, the Belgian actor and martial artist, has been married multiple times. Here is information about his spouses:
- Gladys Portugues: Jean-Claude Van Damme married Gladys Portugues, an American former professional bodybuilder, fitness competitor, and actress. They got married in 1987 but divorced in 1992. However, they reconciled and remarried in 1999. They have two children together.
- Darcy LaPier: Jean-Claude Van Damme was married to Darcy LaPier, an American actress, and entrepreneur. They got married in 1994 but their marriage ended in divorce in 1997. During their marriage, Van Damme had an affair with their co-actor Kylie Minogue.
- Cynthia Derderian: Jean-Claude Van Damme was briefly married to Cynthia Derderian. They got married in 1985 but their marriage ended within a year.
- María Rodríguez: Jean-Claude Van Damme was married to María Rodríguez from 1980 to 1984.
Jean-Claude Van Damme has three children. Here are the details about his children:
- Kristopher Van Varenberg: Kristopher is one of Jean-Claude Van Damme’s sons. He was born in 1987.
- Bianca Bree (previously known as Bianca Van Varenberg): Bianca is Jean-Claude Van Damme’s daughter. She was born in 1990. Bianca has followed in her father’s footsteps and pursued a career in the entertainment industry. She is an actress and has appeared in several films.
- Nicholas Van Varenberg: Nicholas is another son of Jean-Claude Van Damme. However, there is limited information available about Nicholas.
Early Life and Background
Jean-Claude Van Damme was born on October 18, 1960, in Berchem-Sainte-Agathe, Brussels, Belgium. His parents were both from Belgium, and he grew up in a French-speaking family. Van Damme started practicing martial arts at the age of 10 and was trained in Shotokan Karate and Kickboxing.
Martial Arts Career
Van Damme’s martial arts career started in 1976 when he started competing in full-contact karate tournaments. He won several titles in Europe and the United States, including the Professional Karate Association (PKA) Middleweight Championship in 1980 and 1981. He retired from professional martial arts competition in 1982 with a record of 18 wins and one loss.
Van Damme’s acting career started in the mid-1980s when he moved to the United States. He made his film debut in 1984 with a small role in “Breakin'” and later starred in “Bloodsport” in 1988, which was a massive hit and established him as a star in the martial arts genre.
He went on to star in several successful action movies, including “Kickboxer” (1989), “Lionheart” (1990), “Double Impact” (1991), “Universal Soldier” (1992), and “Timecop” (1994). Van Damme also directed and starred in “The Quest” (1996), “The Order” (2001), and “Full Love” (2020).
Legacy and Impact
Van Damme’s impact on the action genre is undeniable. He paved the way for many martial artists to enter the film industry and inspired a generation of action movie fans. His impressive physique, martial arts skills, and charismatic personality made him a fan favorite and helped him establish himself as a leading action star in the 1990s.
Van Damme’s movies have grossed more than $1 billion worldwide, and he has received several awards and nominations for his performances. He has also been recognized for his contributions to the film industry, including receiving a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1998.
Jean-Claude Van Damme is a legendary figure in the film industry, with a career spanning more than four decades. He has inspired a generation of action movie fans and paved the way for martial artists to enter the film industry. Despite his personal challenges, he remains a beloved and influential figure in the action genre.