Jim Carrey is a Canadian American actor and comedian. He is known for his energetic slapstick performances and his wide range of facial expressions.
Carrey first gained recognition in 1990 as a cast member on the American sketch comedy television series In Living Color. He broke out as a star in motion pictures with Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, The Mask, and Dumb and Dumber (all 1994). This was followed up with Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, Batman Forever (both 1995), and Liar Liar (1997).
Table of Contents
Jim Carrey Net Worth
Jim Carrey’s net worth is estimated to be $180 million as of 2023. He is one of the highest-paid actors in the world, and his films have grossed over $7 billion worldwide.
Carrey has made a significant fortune from his acting career, as well as from his investments in real estate, NFTs, art, and other assets.
Here is a breakdown of some of Jim Carrey’s highest-grossing films:
- The Mask ($351.6 million)
- Ace Ventura: Pet Detective ($215.2 million)
- Dumb and Dumber ($247.3 million)
- Batman Forever ($336.6 million)
- Liar Liar ($302.5 million)
- Bruce Almighty ($483.2 million)
- Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events ($208 million)
- Fun with Dick and Jane ($216.4 million)
- Horton Hears a Who! ($292.7 million)
- Yes Man ($223.3 million)
Carrey is also a successful businessman. He owns several properties in Los Angeles and New York City, and he has invested in a number of startups. In 2021, Carrey launched his own NFT collection, which sold out in minutes.
Carrey is a generous philanthropist. He has donated millions of dollars to various charities, including the American Red Cross, the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), and the Sean Penn Foundation.
Related: Arnold Schwarzenegger Net Worth
Real Estate Properties
Jim Carrey owns a number of real estate properties around the United States, including:
- Brentwood, Los Angeles: Carrey’s primary residence is a sprawling compound in the Brentwood neighborhood of Los Angeles. He bought the first property in his compound in 1994 for $3.8 million (the same as around $6.6 million today). He has since added to the compound by purchasing several adjacent properties. The compound now includes a five-bedroom main house, a guest house, a swimming pool, a tennis court, and over two acres of land.
- Malibu, California: In 2002, Carrey purchased a beachfront mansion in Malibu for $9.75 million. The mansion has five bedrooms, five and a half bathrooms, and over 9,000 square feet of living space. It also has a swimming pool, spa, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean.
- New York City, New York: Carrey also owns a luxurious penthouse apartment in New York City. The apartment is located in the Clock Tower building in the Brooklyn borough. It has three bedrooms, three and a half bathrooms, and over 3,000 square feet of living space. The apartment also has a private balcony with stunning views of the Manhattan skyline.
The total value of Jim Carrey’s real estate portfolio is estimated to be over $50 million.
It is important to note that Carrey has recently listed his Brentwood compound for sale for $28.9 million.
Related: Johnny Depp Net Worth
Jim Carrey’s parents are Kathleen Carrey (Oram) and Percy Carrey.
His mother was a homemaker, and his father was an accountant and jazz musician.
In 1991, Carrey’s mother passed away from cancer. He was devastated by her death, but he said that it also inspired him to pursue his dreams even more passionately. He has dedicated many of his films, including The Truman Show and Man on the Moon, to his mother’s memory.
Carrey’s father died in 2004. He was also a major influence on Carrey’s life. Carrey has said that his father taught him the importance of hard work and perseverance. He has also said that his father’s sense of humor was a major inspiration for his own comedic work.
Related: Angourie Rice Net Worth
Jim Carrey has three older siblings: John Carrey, Patricia Carrey, and Rita Carrey.
John Carrey is Jim’s oldest sibling. He is a businessman and lives in Canada. John has been very supportive of Jim’s career, and he has often said that he is proud of his younger brother’s success.
Patricia Carrey is Jim’s second-oldest sibling. She is a homemaker and lives in the United States. Patricia is also very supportive of Jim’s career, and she has said that she is proud of his accomplishments.
Rita Carrey is Jim’s youngest sibling. She is a nurse and lives in the United States. Rita is also very supportive of Jim’s career, and she has said that she is proud of the man he has become.
Related: Zendaya Net Worth
Jim Carrey has been married twice, but is currently not married.
His first marriage was to Melissa Womer in 1987. They had one daughter together, Jane Erin Carrey, who was born in 1987. The couple divorced in 1995.
His second marriage was to Lauren Holly in 1996. They divorced in 1997 after just one year of marriage.
Carrey has also been in a number of high-profile relationships, including with actresses Renée Zellweger, January Jones, and Cathriona White. White, a hairstylist and beautician, died by suicide in 2015. Her death was a devastating blow to Carrey, and he has spoken openly about his grief and his struggle with depression.
Related: Danai Gurira Net Worth
Jim Carrey has one child, a daughter named Jane Erin Carrey. Jane was born on September 6, 1987, to Carrey and his first wife, Melissa Womer.
Jane has dabbled in both acting and music. She had a small role in the film Dumb and Dumber To (2014) and appeared in a few episodes of the Showtime series Kidding (2018). She has also released several songs as a singer-songwriter.
In 2012, Jane competed on the twelfth season of American Idol. She made it to the Top 24 before being eliminated.
Jane is married to musician Alex Santana. They have one son together, Jackson Riley Santana, who was born in 2010.
Related: Lupita Nyong’o Net Worth
How tall is Jim Carrey?
Jim Carrey is 6 feet 2 inches (1.88 meters) tall.
How much is Jim Carrey worth?
Jim Carrey has a net worth of $180 million as of 2023. He is one of the highest-paid actors in the world, and his films have grossed over $7 billion worldwide.
Who is Jim Carrey dating?
Jim Carrey is currently dating actress Ginger Gonzaga. They first met on the set of the Showtime series Kidding in 2018 and began dating in 2019. The couple has been together for over three years and often appears together on red carpets and social media.