Johnny Depp is an American actor and musician. He is the recipient of multiple accolades, including a Golden Globe Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award, and has been nominated for three Academy Awards and two BAFTA awards.
Depp was born in Owensboro, Kentucky, on June 9, 1963. He dropped out of high school at the age of 16 to pursue a career in music. He played in several bands, including The Kids and The Wall, before moving to Los Angeles in 1983 to pursue an acting career.
Depp’s first major film role was in the horror film A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984). He then appeared in a number of other films, including Platoon (1986), Edward Scissorhands (1990), and Ed Wood (1994). In the 1990s, Depp became known for his eccentric and unconventional film choices, such as playing the title role in the fantasy film Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (2005) and the pirate Captain Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean film series (2003-2017).
Depp has also had a successful career as a musician. He has played guitar and drums in several bands, and has also released two solo albums.
In recent years, Depp has been involved in a number of legal battles. In 2018, he was sued by his former business managers for $25 million. He has also been accused of domestic abuse by his ex-wife, Amber Heard. Depp has denied all of the allegations against him.
Despite the legal troubles, Depp remains a popular and successful actor. He is currently working on a number of film projects, including a biopic about King Louis XV of France.
Table of Contents
Johnny Depp Net Worth
Johnny Depp’s net worth is estimated to be $150 million as of 2023. He has earned this wealth through his successful career as an actor and musician. Depp has starred in a number of blockbuster films, including the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, Alice in Wonderland, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. He has also released two solo albums.
Related: Angourie Rice Net Worth
Depp’s net worth has fluctuated over the years. In 2016, he was sued by his former business managers for $25 million, and he lost a libel case against The Sun newspaper in 2020. However, he won a defamation case against his ex-wife, Amber Heard, in 2022, and was awarded $10.35 million in damages.
Real Estate Properties
Johnny Depp owns a number of real estate properties around the world, including:
- Five-mansion Hollywood Hills compound: This is Depp’s most famous property. He bought the five neighboring houses in 2007 for a total of $19 million and converted them into one large private compound. The property has 12,785 square feet of living space, 9 bedrooms, 14 bathrooms, and a swimming pool.
- Eastern Columbia Building penthouses: Depp owns five penthouses in the Art Deco-style Eastern Columbia Building in downtown Los Angeles. He bought them in 2008 for a total of $7.2 million and combined them into one large unit. The penthouses have 11,500 square feet of living space, 9 bedrooms, and 14 bathrooms.
- Chateau Miraval: This is a 15th-century castle in the south of France that Depp bought with his ex-partner, Vanessa Paradis, in 2001. The property has 12 acres of land, a vineyard, and a winery.
- Little Hall’s Pond Cay: This is a private island in the Bahamas that Depp bought in 2004 for $3.6 million. The island has 45 acres of land, a beach, and a lagoon.
- Kentucky farm: This is a 45-acre farm in Kentucky that Depp bought in 2005 for $200,000. The farm has a house, a barn, and a pond.
The total value of Depp’s real estate portfolio is estimated to be over $100 million. However, he has been selling off some of his properties in recent years due to financial difficulties.
Related: Zendaya Net Worth
Johnny Depp’s parents are Betty Sue Palmer and John Christopher Depp. Betty Sue was a waitress, and John was a civil engineer. They were married in 1957 and divorced in 1978. Johnny was the youngest of four children.
Betty Sue was a strong and independent woman. She was a single mother for most of Johnny’s childhood, and she worked hard to provide for her children. She was also a great source of support for Johnny, and she encouraged him to follow his dreams.
John was a kind and gentle man. He loved music and art, and he passed on his love of these things to Johnny. He was also a great storyteller, and he would often entertain Johnny and his siblings with his stories.
Johnny’s parents had a difficult marriage, and they divorced when he was 15 years old. This was a difficult time for Johnny, but he was able to stay close to both of his parents. He has said that he is grateful for both of his parents, and that they taught him the importance of hard work, creativity, and family.
Johnny Depp has spoken about his parents on a number of occasions. He has said that he was close to both of them, and that they were a great source of support for him. He has also said that he is grateful for the values they instilled in him, such as hard work, creativity, and family.
Betty Sue Palmer died in 2016 at the age of 81. John Christopher Depp died in 2004 at the age of 65.
Related: Danai Gurira Net Worth
Johnny Depp has three siblings:
- Daniel Depp: Daniel is Johnny’s older half-brother. He is a writer and the author of three novels: Loser’s Town, Babylon Nights, and Devil’s Dance. He also co-wrote the script for The Brave, a film starring and directed by Johnny Depp.
- Christi Dembrowski: Christi is Johnny’s older sister. She is a film producer and the CEO of Infinitum Nihil, a production company founded by Johnny Depp. She has produced a number of films, including Dark Shadows, Mortdecai, and The Rum Diary.
- Debbie Depp: Debbie is Johnny’s older half-sister. Not much is known about her, as she has chosen to stay out of the public eye.
Johnny is close to his siblings, and they have supported each other throughout their careers. He has said that he is grateful for their love and support, and that they are his “biggest fans.”
Related: Lupita Nyong’o Net Worth
Johnny Depp has been married twice. He was married to Lori Anne Allison from 1983 to 1985, and to Amber Heard from 2015 to 2017.
- Lori Anne Allison: Allison was a makeup artist when she met Depp in 1981. They were married in 1983, but their marriage only lasted two years. Allison has said that she was too young when she married Depp, and that they were not compatible.
- Amber Heard: Heard is an actress. She met Depp in 2011, and they were married in 2015. Their marriage was highly publicized, and it ended in divorce in 2017. Heard has accused Depp of domestic violence, and Depp has denied the allegations.
Depp has also been in relationships with a number of other women, including Winona Ryder, Kate Moss, and Vanessa Paradis. He has two children with Paradis, Lily-Rose and Jack.
Depp is currently single. He has said that he is not interested in getting married again, but he is open to having a relationship.
Related: Glenn Close Net Worth
Johnny Depp has two children with his former partner Vanessa Paradis:
- Lily-Rose Melody Depp: Lily-Rose was born on May 27, 1999. She is an actress and model. She has appeared in films such as Tusk, Planetarium, and The King. She has also modeled for Chanel and Dior.
- Jack Depp: Jack was born on April 9, 2002. He is a musician and actor. He has appeared in the film Yoga Hosers with his sister Lily-Rose. He is also a member of the rock band Sons of Hollywood.
Depp has said that he is close to his children, and that they are his “best friends.” He has also said that he is proud of their accomplishments, and that he is excited to see what they do in the future.
Lily-Rose and Jack have both chosen to pursue careers in the entertainment industry, following in their father’s footsteps. They have both been successful in their respective fields, and they are sure to continue to achieve great things in the years to come.
Related: Lizzy Caplan Net Worth
Where is Johnny Depp from?
Johnny Depp was born in Owensboro, Kentucky, on June 9, 1963. He is the youngest of four children of waitress Betty Sue Depp (née Wells; later Palmer) and civil engineer John Christopher Depp. Depp’s family moved frequently during his childhood, eventually settling in Miramar, Florida, in 1970.
How much is johnny depp worth?
Johnny Depp’s net worth is estimated to be $150 million as of 2023. He has earned this wealth through his successful career as an actor and musician.
How tall is johnny depp?
Johnny Depp is 5 feet 10 inches tall, or 1.78 meters tall.
Where is johnny depp right now?
Johnny Depp is currently living in the UK. He has been staying in hotels and with friends in London since his defamation trial against his ex-wife Amber Heard ended in June 2022. He has also been touring with his band, the Hollywood Vampires, in the UK and Europe.
Where does johnny depp live?
Johnny Depp currently lives in a £13 million estate in Somerset, England. He bought the property in 2014 and has been renovating it ever since. The estate has 13 acres of land, a Georgian mansion, a cottage, and a swimming pool.
Who is johnny depp dating?
As of September 2023, Johnny Depp is rumored to be dating German model and reality TV star Sophie Hermann. They were first seen together in London in July 2022. However, neither Depp nor Hermann have confirmed their relationship.
What ethnicity is johnny depp?
Johnny Depp is primarily of English descent, with some French, German, and Irish ancestry. His surname comes from a French Huguenot immigrant, Pierre Dieppe, who settled in Virginia around 1700. He is also a descendant of Elizabeth Key Grinstead, one of the first women of African American ancestry in the North American colonies to sue for her freedom and win.