Larry Ellison is the co-founder, executive chairman, and chief technology officer of Oracle Corporation, a multinational computer technology corporation that specializes in developing and marketing computer hardware and software products, and enterprise business software. He was Oracle’s CEO from 1977 to 2014.
Table of Contents
Larry Ellison Net Worth
Larry Ellison has an estimated net worth of $117 billion as of October 2023, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
Ellison’s wealth comes primarily from his ownership stake in Oracle Corporation, of which he owns 42.9 percent. He also owns 1.5 percent of Tesla, Inc. shares.
Related: Elon Musk Net Worth
Real Estate Portfolio
has a vast real estate portfolio, worth an estimated $1 billion. His most notable properties include:
- Lanai, Hawaii: Ellison owns 98% of the Hawaiian island of Lanai, which he purchased for $300 million in 2012. He has since invested heavily in the island, developing new resorts and businesses.
- Palm Beach, Florida: Ellison owns several properties in Palm Beach, including a $173 million mansion that he purchased in 2022. The mansion is the third-largest oceanfront compound in Palm Beach County.
- Malibu, California: Ellison owns over two dozen properties in Malibu, California, including a dozen on prestigious Carbon Beach. He also owns a beachfront house that he purchased from movie producer Joel Silver for $38 million in 2018.
- Lake Tahoe, California: Ellison owns several properties in the Lake Tahoe area, including a sprawling estate on the shores of the lake.
In addition to these high-profile properties, Ellison also owns a number of other homes and investment properties around the world.
Here is a list of Larry Ellison’s other notable real estate holdings:
- Woodside, California: A 23-acre estate with a 12,000-square-foot mansion
- Portola Valley, California: A 100-acre estate with a 10,000-square-foot mansion
- New York City: A penthouse apartment in the Time Warner Center
- London: A townhouse in Belgravia
- Tokyo: A mansion in the Roppongi district
Ellison is known for his love of luxury and his lavish lifestyle. His real estate portfolio reflects his taste for the finer things in life.
Related: Andrew Tate Net Worth
Larry Ellison owns two private jets:
- Gulfstream G650ER: Worth an estimated $75 million.
- Soviet MiG-29 Fulcrum: Worth an estimated $10 million.
Ellison also owns a decommissioned Italian air force SIAI-Marchetti S.211, but it is not clear if he uses it for private travel.
Ellison’s Gulfstream G650ER is one of the most luxurious private jets in the world. It has a range of over 7,500 miles and can accommodate up to 19 passengers. The jet is equipped with state-of-the-art amenities, including a master suite, a living room, a dining room, and a conference room.
Ellison’s Soviet MiG-29 Fulcrum is a former Soviet fighter jet. It is not clear if Ellison is able to fly the MiG-29 himself, as it is a complex aircraft. However, he has been photographed flying the jet on several occasions.
Ellison’s private jets are a reflection of his wealth and his love of luxury. He is known for using his jets to travel around the world for business and pleasure.
Related: Steve Ballmer Net Worth
Larry Ellison owns one yacht, the Musashi, which is worth an estimated $160 million.
The Musashi is an 88-meter (290-foot) Feadship yacht that was delivered in 2010. It is one of the most luxurious yachts in the world and features a variety of amenities, including a helipad, a swimming pool, a cinema, and a gym.
The Musashi is based in Hawaii, where Ellison spends much of his time. He often uses the yacht to entertain guests and to explore the surrounding islands.
Ellison is known for his love of yachts and has owned several over the years. He previously owned the 138-meter (453-foot) Lurssen Rising Sun, which he sold in 2010.
Related: Larry Page Net Worth
Larry Ellison is a philanthropist who has donated millions of dollars to various charities and causes. His most notable philanthropic contributions include:
- The Ellison Medical Foundation: Ellison donated $100 million to establish the Ellison Medical Foundation in 2004. The foundation supports research on cardiovascular disease, cancer, and other diseases.
- The Lawrence Ellison Foundation: Ellison established the Lawrence Ellison Foundation in 2016 to support a variety of causes, including education, healthcare, and environmental protection. The foundation has donated millions of dollars to organizations such as the University of Chicago, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, and the Nature Conservancy.
- Reach to Teach: Ellison is a major supporter of Reach to Teach, an organization that places college graduates in high-need schools. He has donated millions of dollars to Reach to Teach and serves on the organization’s board of directors.
- The World Food Programme: Ellison is a supporter of the World Food Programme, the United Nations food assistance program. He has donated millions of dollars to the World Food Programme and has visited the organization’s programs in Africa and Asia.
Ellison has also made significant donations to other organizations, such as the University of Southern California, the Stanford Graduate School of Business, and the Museum of Modern Art.
Related: Michael Bloomberg Net Worth
Early Life and Education
Larry Ellison was born on August 17, 1944, in New York City to Florence Spellman, an unmarried Jewish mother. His biological father was an Italian-American United States Army Air Corps pilot. After Ellison contracted pneumonia at the age of nine months, his mother gave him to her aunt and uncle for adoption. He did not meet his biological mother again until he was 48. Ellison moved to Chicago’s South Shore, then a middle-class neighborhood.
Ellison attended South Shore High School in Chicago and later was admitted to University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign and was enrolled as a premed student. At the university, he was named science student of the year. He withdrew without taking final exams after his sophomore year because his adoptive mother had just died.
After spending the summer of 1966 in California, he then attended the University of Chicago for one term, where he studied physics and mathematics and also first encountered computer design. He then moved to Berkeley, California and began his career as a computer programmer for different companies.
Related: Warren Buffett Net Worth
Larry Ellison has been married four times:
- Adda Quinn (1967-1974)
- Nancy Wheeler Jenkins (1977-1978)
- Barbara Boothe (1983-1986)
- Melanie Craft (2003-2010)
Ellison and Craft divorced in 2010. He has not remarried since.
Related: Bill Gates Net Worth
Larry Ellison has two children:
- David Ellison: Son of Larry Ellison and his first wife, Adda Quinn.
- Megan Ellison: Daughter of Larry Ellison and his second wife, Nancy Wheeler Jenkins.
Both David and Megan are successful film producers. David is the CEO of Skydance Media, while Megan is the founder of Annapurna Pictures.
Related: Jeff Bezos Net Worth
What island does Larry Ellison own?
Larry Ellison owns 98% of the Hawaiian island of Lanai.
How much did larry ellison pay for lanai?
Larry Ellison paid $300 million for Lanai in 2012. He purchased the island from David Murdock, the billionaire chairman of Dole Food Company.