Larry Page is an American computer scientist and internet entrepreneur best known for co-founding Google with Sergey Brin. He was the CEO of Google from 1997 to 2001 and again from 2011 to 2015, when he became the CEO of Alphabet Inc., Google’s parent company. He stepped down as CEO of Alphabet in 2019 but remains a board member and controlling shareholder.
Page is credited with inventing Google’s PageRank algorithm, which is the foundation of its search engine. He is also a visionary leader who has helped to shape the internet as we know it today. Under his guidance, Google has become one of the most successful and influential companies in the world.
Page is also a strong advocate for innovation and philanthropy. He has invested in a number of startups and other companies, and he has donated millions of dollars to charitable causes. He is a member of the National Academy of Engineering and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
Page is one of the most successful and respected entrepreneurs in the world. He is a visionary leader who has helped to change the way we live and work.
Table of Contents
Larry Page Net Worth
Larry Page’s net worth is estimated to be $116 billion as of October 2023, according to the forbes.
Page’s wealth comes primarily from his stake in Alphabet Inc., Google’s parent company. He is the third-largest individual shareholder in Alphabet, with a stake of about 6%. Page also owns a number of other assets, including a portfolio of investments in startups and other companies.
Page is a relatively private person and does not often speak about his wealth. However, he has said that he is committed to using his money to make a positive impact on the world. He has invested in a number of philanthropic initiatives, including research on climate change and renewable energy.
Page is a visionary leader who has helped to shape the internet as we know it today. He is also a generous philanthropist who is committed to using his wealth to make a positive impact on the world.
Related: Steve Ballmer Net Worth
Real Estate Holdings
Larry Page owns a number of real estate properties, including:
- 900 Portola Road, Palo Alto, California: This 9,000-square-foot Spanish Colonial Revival-style mansion is Page’s primary residence. It is located on a 2.5-acre lot and has six bedrooms, six bathrooms, a swimming pool, and a tennis court. The house is estimated to be worth around $20 million.
- 1000 Portola Road, Palo Alto, California: This 6,000-square-foot eco-friendly home is located next door to Page’s primary residence. It has four bedrooms, four bathrooms, a solar panel system, and a rooftop garden. The house is estimated to be worth around $10 million.
- 3457 N. Foothill Road, Los Altos Hills, California: This 3,457-square-foot home has four bedrooms, five bathrooms, and a swimming pool. It is estimated to be worth around $15 million.
- 744 Greenwich Street, New York City, New York: This 3,500-square-foot apartment has three bedrooms, three and a half bathrooms, and a private terrace. It is located in a luxury building in the West Village neighborhood. The apartment is estimated to be worth around $10 million.
In addition to these properties, Page also owns a number of other real estate assets, including land, office buildings, and retail space. The total value of his real estate portfolio is estimated to be in the hundreds of millions of dollars.
Related: Andrew Tate Net Worth
Larry Page owns two private jets:
- Boeing 767-200: This wide-body airliner can seat up to 300 passengers in a commercial configuration, but Page’s jet has been customized to accommodate a much smaller group. It features a luxurious interior with a master bedroom, a dining room, and a conference room. The jet is estimated to be worth around $75 million.
- Dassault Falcon 7X: This business jet can seat up to 12 passengers and has a range of over 5,900 miles. It is known for its speed, comfort, and safety. The jet is estimated to be worth around $50 million.
Page’s private jets are used for both business and personal travel. He has been known to use them to visit Google offices around the world, as well as to take vacations with his family and friends.
Related: Elon Musk Net Worth
Larry Page is a generous philanthropist who has donated hundreds of millions of dollars to charitable causes. He is particularly interested in supporting research on climate change and renewable energy.
Some of his notable philanthropic contributions include:
- $17 million donation to the University of California, Berkeley to establish the Larry Page Center for Climate Change, Communication, and Education.
- $25 million donation to the X Prize Foundation to establish the Carbon Engineering Prize, which rewards teams that can develop technologies to remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
- $100 million donation to the Brin Wojcicki Foundation, which supports a variety of philanthropic causes, including education, health, and climate change.
- $100 million donation to the Planetary Resources Asteroid Mining Corporation, which is developing technologies to mine asteroids for valuable minerals.
In addition to these major donations, Page has also made many smaller donations to a variety of other charitable organizations. He is a strong advocate for using technology to solve the world’s most pressing problems, and his philanthropy reflects this commitment.
Related: Michael Bloomberg Net Worth
Early Life and Education
Larry Page was born on March 26, 1973, in East Lansing, Michigan. His father, Carl Victor Page Sr., was a professor of computer science at Michigan State University, and his mother, Gloria Page, was a computer programmer. Page grew up surrounded by computers and technology, and he showed an early aptitude for both.
Page attended Okemos Montessori School from ages 2 to 7, and then East Lansing High School. He was an honors student at East Lansing High School, and he participated in the school’s solar car team.
After graduating from high school in 1991, Page enrolled at the University of Michigan. He studied computer engineering, and he graduated with honors in 1995.
After graduating from the University of Michigan, Page enrolled at Stanford University to pursue a PhD in computer science. It was at Stanford that he met Sergey Brin, and the two began working on a search engine that would rank websites based on their popularity.
Page and Brin’s search engine, which they called BackRub, was eventually renamed Google. Google was launched in 1998, and it quickly became the most popular search engine in the world.
Page served as CEO of Google from 1997 to 2001, and again from 2011 to 2015. In 2015, he stepped down as CEO of Google to become the CEO of Alphabet Inc., Google’s parent company. He stepped down as CEO of Alphabet in 2019, but he remains a board member and controlling shareholder.
Related: Warren Buffett Net Worth
Larry Page has two siblings: an older brother named Carl Victor Page Jr. and a younger sister named Beverly Page.
Carl Victor Page Jr. is a computer scientist and entrepreneur. He is the co-founder of the software company Page-In Corporation. He is also a member of the board of directors of Alphabet Inc., Google’s parent company.
Beverly Page is a private person and does not often speak to the media. However, it is known that she is a graduate of the University of Michigan and that she has worked as a teacher.
Related: Bill Gates Net Worth
Larry Page’s wife is Lucinda Southworth. They married in 2007 on Necker Island, the Caribbean island owned by Richard Branson. Southworth is a research scientist and the sister of British actress and model Carrie Southworth.
Page and Southworth have two children together, a son and a daughter. They are a relatively private couple and do not often speak about their personal lives. However, they are known to be active in philanthropic causes and are committed to using their wealth to make a positive impact on the world.
Related: Larry Ellison Net Worth
Larry Page is of American ethnicity. He was born in East Lansing, Michigan, on March 26, 1973. His father, Carl Victor Page Sr., was a professor of computer science at Michigan State University, and his mother, Gloria Page, was a computer programmer. Both of his parents are American.
Related: Jeff Bezos Net Worth
How much is Larry Page Worth?
Larry Page’s net worth is estimated to be around $116 billion.
What other companies has Larry Page invested in?
Larry Page has invested in several other companies, including Tesla, SpaceX, and Planetary Resources.
What is Larry Page’s role in Alphabet Inc.?
Larry Page is a co-founder of Alphabet Inc. and serves as the CEO of the company.
How has Larry Page influenced the tech industry?
Larry Page has had a significant impact on the tech industry through his contributions to Google and his leadership style. He has inspired others to pursue innovation and take risks in their own endeavors.