MS Dhoni (Mahendra Singh Dhoni) is a renowned Indian cricketer and former captain of the Indian national team. Known for his calm demeanor and leadership skills, he led India to victory in all three major ICC trophies: the 2007 ICC World Twenty20, the 2011 Cricket World Cup, and the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy. Dhoni is a true legend of cricket, admired for his on-field brilliance and off-field personality.
Table of Contents
MS Dhoni Net Worth
Mahendra Singh Dhoni, widely regarded as one of the greatest captains in cricket history, has an estimated net worth of 1055 cores INR or $127 million as of 2023. This substantial wealth stems from his illustrious cricketing career, lucrative brand endorsements, and astute investments.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s cricket salary has been a significant source of his wealth. He has earned substantial amounts from his playing career, both in international cricket and the Indian Premier League (IPL). Here’s a breakdown of his cricket earnings:
International Cricket Salary
As a former captain and senior player of the Indian national team, Dhoni commanded a hefty salary from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). His annual retainer fee was estimated to be around INR 1 crore, and he also received match fees for each game he played.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been one of the highest-paid players in the IPL since its inception. He was the highest-paid player in the inaugural season in 2008, earning a whopping INR 1.5 crore. He has continued to command high salaries throughout his IPL career, earning INR 12 crores annually from the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) in recent seasons.
Overall Cricket Earnings
Dhoni’s total cricket earnings are estimated to be in the region of INR 1500 crore. This includes his salary from the BCCI, match fees, IPL contracts, and other performance-based bonuses. His cricket salary has played a major role in establishing his immense net worth.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni (MS Dhoni), the former captain of the Indian cricket team, is one of the most popular and recognizable athletes in the world. His calm demeanor, leadership skills, and on-field brilliance have made him a national icon and a sought-after brand ambassador. Dhoni’s brand endorsements are a significant source of his income and have contributed substantially to his overall net worth.
- Sportswear: Reebok (2005-present)
- Beverages: Pepsi (2009-present)
- Electronics: Orient Electric (2010-present)
- Domain registrars: GoDaddy (2011-present)
- Personal care: Emami (2012-present)
- Finance: Mastercard (2014-present)
- Technology: Aircel (2013-2016), Lava Mobiles (2016-2019), Dream11 (2018-present), Cars24 (2019-present), and Fire-Boltt (2022-present)
- Education: Unacademy (2021-present)
- Real estate: G Square Housing (2012-present)
- Aviation: IndiGo (2019-present)
- Others: Spartan Sports (2015-present), Gulf Oil (2019-present), Khatabook (2020-present), TVS Motors (2021-present), and Garuda Aerospace (2022-present)
Dhoni’s brand endorsements are estimated to be worth around INR 100-150 crore annually.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni (MS Dhoni), the former captain of the Indian cricket team, is not only a legendary cricketer but also a savvy businessman. He has ventured into various business endeavors, diversifying his portfolio and expanding his wealth. Here’s a comprehensive overview of MS Dhoni’s business ventures and their estimated worth:
Mahendra Singh Dhoni has a keen interest in sports, and this is reflected in his investments in sports franchises. He is the co-owner of two successful sports teams:
- Chennaiyin FC (Indian Super League)
Estimated worth: INR 200 crore
- Ranchi Rays (Hockey India League)
Estimated worth: INR 50 crore
Rhiti Sports Management Company
Mahendra Singh Dhoni co-founded Rhiti Sports Management Company in 2008, alongside Arun Pandey. It is a prominent sports management agency that represents a plethora of Indian cricketers, including Dhoni himself.
Estimated worth: INR 300 crore
MS Dhoni launched his own fitness and sportswear brand, Seven, in 2016. The brand offers a wide range of apparel and accessories for men, women, and kids.
Estimated worth: INR 100 crore
Dhoni Entertainment Pvt Ltd
MS Dhoni established his own production company, Dhoni Entertainment Pvt Ltd, in 2019. The company aims to produce films and television shows that promote sports and inspire young people.
Estimated worth: INR 50 crore
Mahendra Singh Dhoni is passionate about agriculture and has ventured into organic farming. He owns a sprawling farm in Ranchi, where he cultivates a variety of organic fruits and vegetables.
Estimated worth: INR 20 crore
Investments in Startups
Mahendra Singh Dhoni has shown a keen interest in the startup ecosystem and has invested in several promising companies, including:
- Khatabook (digital ledger app)
- Cars24 (pre-owned car marketplace)
- Shaka Harry (fashion brand)
- Garuda Aerospace (drone manufacturing company)
The worth of these investments varies depending on the company’s performance and market conditions.
Real Estate Properties
Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s real estate properties with their estimated worth:
- Ranchi Farmhouse: Dhoni’s most notable real estate asset is his sprawling 7-acre farmhouse in Ranchi, Jharkhand. The farmhouse is estimated to be worth around INR 50 crore.
- Harmu Housing Colony Mansion: Dhoni also owns a luxurious mansion in Harmu Housing Colony, Ranchi. This mansion is estimated to be worth around INR 20 crore.
- Mumbai Apartment: Dhoni owns a lavish apartment in Mumbai’s upmarket Worli neighborhood. The apartment is estimated to be worth around INR 30 crore.
- Pune Apartment: In 2021, Dhoni reportedly purchased an apartment in the Pimpri-Chinchwad district of Pune. The worth of this property is not publicly known.
- Dubai Penthouse: Dhoni also owns a stunning penthouse in Dubai’s Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) district. The penthouse is estimated to be worth around INR 100 crore.
The total estimated worth of Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s real estate holdings is around INR 200 crore.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the legendary Indian cricketer, is known for his passion for automobiles. He owns an impressive collection of luxury cars, many of which are high-performance vehicles. Here’s a look at some of the notable cars in Dhoni’s garage, along with their estimated worth:
- Hummer H2: This iconic SUV is a favorite among celebrities and sports personalities for its imposing presence and off-road capabilities. Dhoni’s Hummer H2 is estimated to be worth around INR 1 crore.
- Audi Q7: Dhoni’s love for Audi cars is evident in his collection. The Audi Q7 is a luxury SUV known for its comfort, performance, and technology. Dhoni’s Audi Q7 is estimated to be worth around INR 80-90 lakh.
- Mercedes-Benz GLE: The Mercedes-Benz GLE is another SUV in Dhoni’s collection, known for its luxurious interiors, powerful engine, and advanced safety features. Dhoni’s Mercedes-Benz GLE is estimated to be worth around INR 90-1 crore.
- Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow: This classic Rolls-Royce is a testament to Dhoni’s appreciation for vintage cars. The Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow is known for its elegance, luxury, and timeless design. Dhoni’s Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow is estimated to be worth around INR 2-3 crore.
- Ferrari 599 GTO: Dhoni’s passion for high-performance cars is evident in his ownership of a Ferrari 599 GTO. This limited-production supercar is known for its powerful V12 engine, exceptional handling, and breathtaking speed. Dhoni’s Ferrari 599 GTO is estimated to be worth around INR 1.5 crore.
- Land Rover Series 3: Another vintage gem in Dhoni’s collection is the Land Rover Series 3. This iconic off-roader is known for its ruggedness, versatility, and timeless design. Dhoni’s Land Rover Series 3 is estimated to be worth around INR 20-30 lakh.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk: Dhoni’s love for SUVs extends to the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. This high-performance SUV is known for its powerful engine, exceptional handling, and luxurious interiors. Dhoni’s Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk is estimated to be worth around INR 1.2 crore.
- Mitsubishi Pajero Sport: Dhoni’s collection also includes a Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, a popular SUV known for its off-road capabilities, comfortable ride, and reliability. Dhoni’s Mitsubishi Pajero Sport is estimated to be worth around INR 30-40 lakh.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the legendary Indian cricketer, is also an avid motorcycle enthusiast. He owns an impressive collection of bikes, ranging from vintage classics to high-performance machines. Here’s a look at some of the notable bikes in Dhoni’s garage, along with their estimated worth:
- Confederate Hellcat X132: This limited-edition American muscle bike is a rare and coveted possession for any motorcycle collector. Dhoni’s Confederate Hellcat X132 is estimated to be worth around INR 40-50 lakh.
- Kawasaki Ninja H2: This Japanese superbike is known for its powerful engine, aggressive styling, and cutting-edge technology. Dhoni’s Kawasaki Ninja H2 is estimated to be worth around INR 30-40 lakh.
- Harley-Davidson Fat Boy: Dhoni’s love for American motorcycles is evident in his ownership of a Harley-Davidson Fat Boy. This iconic cruiser is known for its distinctive styling, powerful engine, and comfortable ride. Dhoni’s Harley-Davidson Fat Boy is estimated to be worth around INR 20-30 lakh.
- Yamaha RD350: This two-stroke legend holds a special place in the hearts of Indian motorcycle enthusiasts. Dhoni’s Yamaha RD350 is a restored classic, reminding him of his early days as a passionate biker. The worth of Dhoni’s Yamaha RD350 is estimated to be around INR 5-10 lakh.
- TVS Apache RR 310: Dhoni’s collection also includes a TVS Apache RR 310, a fully faired sports bike from India. This bike is known for its performance, handling, and value for money. Dhoni’s TVS Apache RR 310 is estimated to be worth around INR 2-3 lakh.
- Ducati 1098: This Italian superbike is a sought-after machine among motorcycle enthusiasts worldwide. Dhoni’s Ducati 1098 is a powerful and stylish bike, known for its high-performance engine and aggressive handling. The worth of Dhoni’s Ducati 1098 is estimated to be around INR 10-15 lakh.
- Suzuki Hayabusa: This Japanese superbike is known for its incredible top speed and sleek styling. Dhoni’s Suzuki Hayabusa is a powerful machine that demands respect on the road. The worth of Dhoni’s Suzuki Hayabusa is estimated to be around INR 15-20 lakh.
- TVS Ronin: Dhoni recently added the TVS Ronin to his collection. This neo-retro scrambler is a stylish and versatile bike that combines retro styling with modern features. The worth of Dhoni’s TVS Ronin is estimated to be around INR 2-3 lakh.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the legendary Indian cricketer, is not only a phenomenal athlete but also a compassionate and philanthropic individual. He has made significant contributions to various charitable causes, supporting education, healthcare, and sports development in India. Dhoni’s philanthropic endeavors are driven by his desire to make a positive impact on society and help those in need.
Dhoni is a strong advocate for education and believes in empowering children through knowledge. He has supported various educational initiatives, including:
- Providing scholarships to underprivileged students: Dhoni has established scholarship programs to support the education of meritorious students from financially disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Donating to educational institutions: Dhoni has made generous donations to schools and colleges across India, contributing to infrastructure development and educational resources.
- Promoting literacy and skill development: Dhoni supports initiatives that promote literacy and skill development among children and adults, enabling them to become self-sufficient and contribute to the community.
Dhoni understands the importance of quality healthcare for all. He has actively supported healthcare initiatives, including:
- Donating to hospitals and medical facilities: Dhoni has made significant donations to hospitals and medical facilities, providing them with essential equipment and resources to improve patient care.
- Supporting medical camps and outreach programs: Dhoni has participated in medical camps and outreach programs to provide free medical care and health screenings to underprivileged communities.
- Raising awareness about health issues: Dhoni has used his platform to raise awareness about various health issues, such as cancer and malnutrition, encouraging people to seek timely treatment and adopt healthy lifestyles.
Sports Development Initiatives
Dhoni is passionate about sports and believes in nurturing young talent. He has supported various sports development initiatives, including:
- Promoting cricket at the grassroots level: Dhoni has supported initiatives that promote cricket at the grassroots level, providing coaching, equipment, and infrastructure to encourage young children to take up the sport.
- Supporting sports academies and training centers: Dhoni has donated to sports academies and training centers, providing them with the resources to train and develop promising athletes in various sports.
- Promoting sports for social inclusion: Dhoni supports initiatives that use sports to promote social inclusion and empower children from marginalized communities.
Early Life and Career
Mahendra Singh Dhoni Born on July 7, 1981, in Ranchi, Bihar (now Jharkhand), Dhoni hails from a humble family. His father, Pan Singh, worked as a junior management employee in a public sector undertaking, and his mother, Devaki Devi, was a homemaker. Dhoni was the youngest of three children, with an elder brother and sister.
Dhoni’s cricketing journey began during his school days at DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali, Ranchi. He was an all-rounder, excelling in not just cricket but also football, badminton, and basketball. It was his football coach who spotted his wicketkeeping skills and encouraged him to pursue cricket seriously.
Early Cricket Career
Mahendra Singh Dhoni started playing cricket for local clubs in Ranchi and gradually made his way up the ranks. In 1998, he made his debut for the Bihar cricket team in the Ranji Trophy. His impressive performances caught the attention of the selectors, and he was soon picked for the East Zone team in the Deodhar Trophy and Duleep Trophy.
Dhoni’s breakthrough came in 2004 when he was selected for the Indian ODI squad to play against Bangladesh. He made his ODI debut on December 23, 2004, and announced his arrival on the international stage with a blistering 148 runs off 123 balls. His aggressive batting style and lightning-fast stumping skills made him an instant sensation.
Rise to Stardom
Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s ODI exploits earned him a call-up to the Indian Test team in 2005. He made his Test debut against Sri Lanka and quickly established himself as a reliable batsman and wicketkeeper. His calmness under pressure and ability to finish matches made him an invaluable asset to the team.
Dhoni’s leadership qualities were evident from an early stage. In 2007, he was appointed captain of the Indian team for the inaugural ICC World Twenty20. Under his leadership, India won the tournament, defeating arch-rivals Pakistan in a thrilling final. This victory marked the beginning of a new era in Indian cricket, with Dhoni at the helm.
Dhoni’s captaincy reached its peak in the 2011 Cricket World Cup. He led India to a historic victory on home soil, defeating Sri Lanka in the final. The World Cup triumph cemented Dhoni’s status as one of the greatest captains of all time.
Dhoni continued to lead India to success in various tournaments, including the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy, where India emerged victorious once again. He also led India to the number one ranking in both Tests and ODIs.
Retirement and Legacy
In 2014, Mahendra Singh Dhoni announced his retirement from Test cricket to focus on ODIs and T20Is. He continued to lead India in these formats until 2017, when he handed over the captaincy to Virat Kohli.
In 2019, Dhoni announced his retirement from international cricket, bringing an end to an illustrious career that spanned over 15 years. He finished his career with an impressive record, including 10,773 runs in ODIs, 1,905 runs in T20Is, and 359 dismissals as a wicketkeeper.
Dhoni’s legacy extends beyond his on-field achievements. He is widely admired for his calm demeanor, astute leadership, and ability to connect with the fans. He is a role model for millions of aspiring cricketers around the world and an inspiration to many.
MS Dhoni is a true icon of Indian cricket, and his name will forever be etched in the annals of cricketing history. He is a legend who has left an indelible mark on the sport and inspired generations to come.
Parents and Siblings
Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s parents are Pan Singh and Devaki Devi. His father, Pan Singh, worked as a pump operator in a public sector undertaking, while his mother, Devaki Devi, was a homemaker. Dhoni is the youngest of three children, with an elder brother, Narendra Singh Dhoni, and an elder sister, Jayanti Gupta.
Dhoni’s family hails from Lwali, a small village in the Almora district of Uttarakhand, India. However, they moved to Ranchi, Jharkhand, when Dhoni was a young child. His father’s job required him to relocate, and Ranchi provided better opportunities for the family.
Dhoni’s parents have played a significant role in his life and career. They have always been supportive of his dreams and aspirations, even when he decided to pursue cricket instead of a traditional academic career. They have also instilled in him the values of hard work, dedication, and humility, which have been instrumental in his success.
Here is a brief overview of Dhoni’s parents and siblings:
- Pan Singh Dhoni (Father): Dhoni’s father, Pan Singh, is a retired pump operator who worked in a public sector undertaking. He is a quiet and unassuming man who is known for his integrity and hard work. Dhoni has often credited his father for teaching him the value of discipline and perseverance.
- Devaki Devi Dhoni (Mother): Dhoni’s mother, Devaki Devi, is a homemaker who has dedicated her life to her family. She is a kind and compassionate woman who is known for her love and care. Dhoni has often spoken about his mother’s influence on his life, saying that she taught him the importance of being grounded and humble.
- Narendra Singh Dhoni (Brother): Dhoni’s elder brother, Narendra Singh Dhoni, is a businessman and politician. He is not as well-known as his younger brother, but he is a successful businessman in his own right. He is also a member of the Samajwadi Party and has contested elections in the past.
- Jayanti Gupta (Sister): Dhoni’s elder sister, Jayanti Gupta, is an English teacher. She is married and has two children. She is a close confidante of Dhoni’s and has played a significant role in his personal life.
Wife and Kids
Mahendra Singh Dhoni is married to Sakshi Singh Rawat. They got married on July 4, 2010, in Dehradun, India. They had a private ceremony attended by close family and friends.
The couple has a daughter named Ziva Dhoni, who was born on February 6, 2015. Ziva is often seen with her father at cricket matches and other public events. She is a popular figure in India and has her own Instagram account with over 2.3 million followers.
Sakshi Dhoni is a businesswoman and social worker. She is the co-founder of Sakshi Dhoni Foundation, a non-profit organization that works to provide education and healthcare to underprivileged children in India. She is also the brand ambassador of several companies, including Amul, Pepsi, and Garnier.
What is the net worth of MS Dhoni?
MS Dhoni has an estimated net worth of 1055 cores INR or $127 million as of 2023.