Matt Damon is an American actor, producer, and screenwriter. He is one of the highest-grossing actors of all time, having starred in films that have collectively grossed over $3.88 billion at the North American box office.
Damon began his acting career in the early 1990s, appearing in films such as Mystic Pizza (1988), School Ties (1992), and Geronimo: An American Legend (1993). He gained prominence in 1997 when he and his childhood friend Ben Affleck wrote and starred in the critically acclaimed film Good Will Hunting, which won them the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay.
Table of Contents
Matt Damon Net Worth
Matt Damon’s net worth is estimated to be around $170 million as of 2023. He has earned his money through his successful career in the entertainment industry as an actor, producer, and screenwriter.
Here are some of the sources of Matt Damon’s net worth:
- Acting: Damon is one of the highest-paid actors in Hollywood, and he has earned millions of dollars for his roles in films such as Good Will Hunting, Saving Private Ryan, The Bourne Identity, and The Departed.
- Production: Damon is also a successful producer, and he has produced films such as The Departed, True Grit, and Manchester by the Sea.
- Endorsements: Damon has endorsed a number of brands over the years, including Tag Heuer watches, Intel processors, and Audemars Piguet watches.
Here are some specific examples of Damon’s earnings from acting and producing:
- The Bourne Identity (2002): $10 million
- The Bourne Supremacy (2004): $26 million
- The Bourne Ultimatum (2007): $26 million
- Jason Bourne (2016): $25 million
- The Departed (2006): $7 million
- The Martian (2015): $13 million
- Ford v Ferrari (2019): $21 million
- Stillwater (2021): $15 million
Damon is a very wealthy man, but he is also a philanthropist. He has donated millions of dollars to various charitable organizations, including the Water.org and the ONE Campaign. He is also a strong supporter of the arts and has founded several educational organizations, including the Damon Scholarship Fund.
Related: Hugh Jackman Net Worth
Real Estate Holdings
Matt Damon owns a number of real estate properties in California and New York. Here is a list of his known homes and their estimated worth:
- Pacific Palisades mansion: $21 million
- Brooklyn Heights penthouse: $16.75 million
- Bedford, NY estate: $8.5 million
- Miami Beach waterfront mansion: $15.375 million (sold in 2014)
- Bel-Air mansion: $10 million (sold in 2013)
Overall, Matt Damon’s real estate portfolio is worth an estimated $71 million.
Related: Dev Patel Net Worth
Matt Damon’s parents are Kent Telfer Damon and Nancy Carlsson-Paige.
- Kent Damon was a stockbroker, realtor, and tax preparer.
- Nancy Carlsson-Paige is an early childhood education professor at Lesley University.
Damon’s parents divorced when he was two years old, and he and his brother, Kyle, moved with their mother to Cambridge, Massachusetts. They lived in a six-family communal house, where Damon developed a strong sense of community and social justice.
Damon has spoken fondly of his parents and their influence on his life. He has said that his mother instilled in him a love of learning and a commitment to social justice. He has also said that his father taught him the importance of hard work and perseverance.
Damon’s parents have been supportive of his career from the beginning. They have attended many of his premieres and award shows, and they have always been proud of his accomplishments.
Related: Tom Hanks Net Worth
Matt Damon has one brother:
- Kyle Damon, an older brother who is a sculptor and artist.
Damon and Kyle have a close relationship, and they have supported each other throughout their lives. Kyle has even appeared in several of Damon’s films, including Good Will Hunting and The Departed.
Damon has said that he is grateful for his brother’s support and friendship. He has also said that Kyle is one of the smartest people he knows.
Related: Morgan Freeman Net Worth
Matt Damon’s wife is Luciana Barroso. She is an Argentinian former bartender. They met in 2003 in Miami while Damon was filming Stuck on You. They were married in 2005 and have four daughters together: Isabella, Gia, Stella, and Alexia.
Barroso was born in 1976 in Argentina. She moved to Miami in 1999 with her daughter Alexia, from a previous relationship. She worked as a bartender at the Hotel Gansevoort in Miami when she met Damon.
In a 2016 interview with The Times, Damon said that Barroso is “the love of my life.” He also said that she is “the most amazing mother to our children.”
Related: Brad Pitt Net Worth
Matt Damon has four children:
- Isabella Damon (born June 11, 2006)
- Gia Damon (born August 20, 2008)
- Stella Damon (born October 20, 2010)
- Alexia Barroso (born March 4, 1998)
Damon and his wife, Luciana Barroso, have said that they are grateful for their children and that they are trying to raise them to be kind and compassionate people.
Related: Tom Cruise Net Worth
How tall is matt damon?
Matt Damon is 5 feet 10 inches tall (178 cm).
Who is matt damon married to?
Matt Damon is married to Luciana Barroso. They have been married since 2005 and have four children together.
Where is matt damon from?
Matt Damon is from Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States. He was born there on October 8, 1970.
How much is matt damon worth?
Matt Damon is worth an estimated $170 million as of 2023. This makes him one of the highest-paid actors in Hollywood.