Owen Wilson is a popular American actor, comedian, writer, and producer known for his distinctive Southern drawl and quirky sense of humor. He has appeared in numerous films and TV shows and has won critical acclaim for his performances. However, his career has not been without controversy, and he has faced personal and professional setbacks. In this article, we will take a closer look Owen Wilson’s Brother, Wife, Net Worth, Children, Movies, Tv Shows, life, career and examine his rise, fall, and resurrection in Hollywood.
Table of Contents
Movies and Tv Shows
Owen Wilson is a talented actor known for his comedic timing and charming performances. Here is a list of his movies and TV shows:
- Bottle Rocket (1996) – Dignan
- The Cable Guy (1996) – Robin’s Date
- Anaconda (1997) – Gary Dixon
- Armageddon (1998) – Oscar Choi
- Permanent Midnight (1998) – Nicky
- The Haunting (1999) – Luke Sanderson
- Breakfast of Champions (1999) – Monte Rapid
- Shanghai Noon (2000) – Roy O’Bannon
- Meet the Parents (2000) – Kevin Rawley
- Zoolander (2001) – Hansel McDonald
- The Royal Tenenbaums (2001) – Eli Cash
- Behind Enemy Lines (2001) – Lt. Chris Burnett
- I Spy (2002) – Alexander Scott
- Shanghai Knights (2003) – Roy O’Bannon
- The Big Bounce (2004) – Jack Ryan
- Starsky & Hutch (2004) – Ken “Hutch” Hutchinson
- The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004) – Ned Plimpton
- Wedding Crashers (2005) – John Beckwith
- Cars (2006) – Lightning McQueen (voice)
- You, Me and Dupree (2006) – Randolph Dupree
- Night at the Museum (2006) – Jedediah
- The Darjeeling Limited (2007) – Francis Whitman
- Drillbit Taylor (2008) – Drillbit Taylor
- Marley & Me (2008) – John Grogan
- Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (2009) – Jedediah
- Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009) – Coach Skip (voice)
- How Do You Know (2010) – Matty Reynolds
- Little Fockers (2010) – Kevin Rawley
- Midnight in Paris (2011) – Gil Pender
- Cars 2 (2011) – Lightning McQueen (voice)
- The Internship (2013) – Nick Campbell
- Free Birds (2013) – Reggie (voice)
- The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014) – Monsieur Chuck
- Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb (2014) – Jedediah
- Inherent Vice (2014) – Coy Harlingen
- No Escape (2015) – Jack Dwyer
- Zoolander 2 (2016) – Hansel McDonald
- Masterminds (2016) – Steve Chambers
- Cars 3 (2017) – Lightning McQueen (voice)
- Father Figures (2017) – Kyle Reynolds
- Wonder (2017) – Mr. Tushman
- Shanghai Dawn (Upcoming) – Roy O’Bannon (Announced)
- The French Dispatch (Upcoming) – TBA (Post-production)
- Heat Vision and Jack (1999) – Heat Vision (TV movie)
- King of the Hill (1997-2010) – Rhett Van Der Graaf (voice)
- Community (2011) – Sugar Hill (Episode: “Regional Holiday Music”)
- Documentary Now! (2016) – Jack Woodley (Episode: “Globesman”)
- Loki (2021)
Owen Wilson’s brother is Luke Wilson. Luke Wilson is also an actor and has appeared in several films alongside his brother Owen. Some of Luke Wilson’s notable movies include “Legally Blonde,” “Old School,” “The Royal Tenenbaums,” and “Idiocracy.” Both Owen and Luke Wilson have had successful acting careers in their own right.
Owen Wilson is not married. While he has been in various relationships with notable individuals such as Gina Gershon, Demi Moore, Sheryl Crow, and Kate Hudson, he has never tied the knot.
Owen Wilson has three children. Their names and details are as follows:
- Robert Ford Wilson: Born on January 14, 2011, to Owen Wilson and his then-girlfriend, Jade Duell. He is often referred to as Ford.
- Finn Wilson: Born in 2014.
- Lyla Aranya Wilson: Born in 2018.
Owen Wilson, the American actor and screenwriter, has a reported net worth of $70 million. He has achieved recognition for his work in various films, including collaborations with filmmaker Wes Anderson. Owen Wilson’s films have grossed over $2.25 billion domestically, with an average of $75 million per film. In addition to his acting career, Wilson is known to be a savvy real estate investor, with investments of approximately $40 to $50 million in properties across Los Angeles.
Early Life and Career
Owen Wilson was born on November 18, 1968, in Dallas, Texas. He grew up in a creative family, with his mother working as a photographer and his father as an advertising executive. He attended St. Mark’s School of Texas, where he met his future collaborator, Wes Anderson. After graduating from high school, Wilson attended the University of Texas at Austin, where he majored in English.
Wilson’s first foray into the entertainment industry was as a writer. He co-wrote the screenplay for the 1996 comedy Bottle Rocket with Wes Anderson and starred in the film as well. The movie received critical acclaim and helped launch Wilson’s acting career.
Rise to Fame
Wilson’s breakthrough role came in the 2000 film Shanghai Noon, where he played the sidekick to Jackie Chan’s character. He went on to appear in a string of successful comedies, including Zoolander, Wedding Crashers, and Starsky & Hutch. Wilson’s unique blend of charm, humor, and vulnerability won over audiences and critics alike.
In 2001, Wilson teamed up with Anderson again for the film The Royal Tenenbaums. Wilson received a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay for his work on the film. He and Anderson continued to collaborate on several more films, including The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou and The Grand Budapest Hotel.
Resurrection and Recent Work
Wilson has since bounced back and has continued to work in the entertainment industry. He received critical acclaim for his performance in the 2011 Woody Allen film Midnight in Paris and went on to appear in several more successful films, including The Internship, Inherent Vice, and Wonder.
In 2021, Wilson returned to television, starring in the Disney+ series Loki. The show received critical acclaim, and Wilson’s performance as the character Mobius M. Mobius was praised.
Owen Wilson has had a tumultuous career, facing both personal and professional setbacks. However, he has managed to bounce back and has continued to work in the entertainment industry. With his unique blend of humor, vulnerability, and charm, Wilson has won over audiences and critics alike. His resurrection in Hollywood is a testament to his talent and resilience.
What is Owen Wilson’s net worth?
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Owen Wilson’s net worth is $70 million.
How old is owen wilson?
Owen Wilson was born on November 18, 1968. As of the current date, which is May 26, 2023, Owen Wilson is 54 years old.