Robert De Niro is an American actor, director, and producer. He is considered to be one of the greatest actors of all time, and has been nominated for nine Academy Awards, winning two for Best Supporting Actor for his roles in The Godfather Part II (1974) and Raging Bull (1980).
De Niro is known for his intense and immersive performances, and his willingness to transform himself physically for roles. He has played a wide range of characters, from gangsters and hitmen to boxers and comedians. Some of his most iconic roles include Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver (1976), Jake LaMotta in Raging Bull, Jimmy Conway in Goodfellas (1990), and Vito Corleone in The Godfather Part II.
Table of Contents
Robert De Niro Net Worth
Robert De Niro’s net worth is estimated to be $500 million as of 2023. He is one of the most successful actors in Hollywood history, and his wealth comes from a variety of sources.
HE has earned millions of dollars from his famous movies. Here is a breakdown of some of his highest-paying roles:
- Taxi Driver (1976): $35,000
- Raging Bull (1980): $300,000
- Goodfellas (1990): $3 million
- Meet the Parents (2000): $20 million
- Analyze This (1999): $15 million
- The Godfather Part II (1974): $1 million (percentage of gross)
- The Irishman (2019): $775,000 per episode (reportedly)
He has also won two Academy Awards, two Golden Globe Awards, and a Screen Actors Guild Award.
In addition to his acting career, De Niro is also a successful businessman. He is the co-founder of the Nobu Hospitality restaurant chain, which has over 40 locations worldwide. He also owns the Tribeca Grill, a popular restaurant in New York City.
Here is a more detailed breakdown of De Niro’s net worth by source:
- Acting career: $250-300 million
- Nobu Hospitality: $100-150 million
- Tribeca Grill: $50-75 million
- Other business ventures: $50-75 million
Related: Harrison Ford Net Worth
Real Estate Holdings
Robert De Niro’s real estate portfolio:
- Gardiner, New York mansion: Estimated worth: $6 million
- Greenwich Village penthouse: Estimated worth: $10 million
- Montauk beach house: Estimated worth: $3 million
- West Village townhouse: Previously owned by De Niro, sold for $11.98 million in 2022
De Niro also has a number of commercial properties in New York City, including the Tribeca Grill restaurant and the Greenwich Hotel.
Related: Steven Spielberg Net Worth
Robert De Niro’s parents were Robert De Niro Sr. and Virginia Admiral.
Robert De Niro Sr. was an American abstract expressionist painter. He was born in Syracuse, New York, on May 3, 1922. He studied at Black Mountain College under Josef Albers from 1939 to 1940. De Niro Sr.’s work has been exhibited in galleries and museums around the world. He died of cancer on May 3, 1993, at the age of 71.
Virginia Admiral was an American painter. She was born in New York City on August 2, 1924. She studied at the Art Students League of New York and the New School for Social Research. Admiral’s work has been exhibited in galleries and museums around the world. She died in 2008 at the age of 83.
Robert De Niro was the only child of Robert De Niro Sr. and Virginia Admiral. He was born in the Manhattan borough of New York City on August 17, 1943.
Related: George Clooney Net Worth
Robert De Niro is of Irish and Italian descent. His father, Robert De Niro Sr., was half Irish and half Italian, while his mother, Virginia Admiral, was of Dutch, English, French, and German ancestry.
De Niro himself has said that he identifies more with his Irish heritage. In a 2011 interview, he said: “I’m Irish, first and foremost. I’m Irish to the core.”
However, De Niro has also played many Italian-American characters in his films, such as Vito Corleone in The Godfather Part II and Jake LaMotta in Raging Bull. He has also spoken about his admiration for Italian culture and cinema.
Related: Cameron Diaz Net Worth
Robert De Niro’s wives:
- Diahnne Abbott (1976-1988): Abbott was an actress and singer. They met on the set of the film Taxi Driver (1976), and they married two years later. They had two children together, Drena and Raphael.
- Grace Hightower (1997-2018): Hightower is an actress and former flight attendant. They met in 1987, and they married in 1997. They had a son together, Elliot, in 1998. They divorced in 1999, but they remarried in 2004.
Robert De Niro’s girlfriends:
- Toukie Smith (1988-1992, 1996-1999): Smith is a model and actress. They met in 1988, and they had twins together, Aaron and Julian, in 1995. They never married, but they remained close friends after they split up.
- Tiffany Chen (2021-present): Tiffany Chen is a martial arts instructor who has been in a relationship with Robert De Niro since 2021. They met on the set of the 2015 film The Intern, in which Chen had a small role.
Robert De Niro has had a complex and storied romantic life. He has been married twice and has dated several women over the years. He is currently dating Tiffany Chen.
Related: Clint Eastwood Net Worth
Robert De Niro has seven children:
- Drena De Niro (born 1971): Adopted daughter of De Niro and his first wife, Diahnne Abbott. She is an actress and filmmaker.
- Raphael De Niro (born 1976): Biological son of De Niro and his first wife, Diahnne Abbott. He is a real estate broker.
- Julian Henry De Niro (born 1995): Twin son of De Niro and his ex-girlfriend, Toukie Smith. He is an actor.
- Aaron Kendrick De Niro (born 1995): Twin son of De Niro and his ex-girlfriend, Toukie Smith. He stays out of the spotlight.
- Elliot De Niro (born 1998): Son of De Niro and his second wife, Grace Hightower. He is a Special Olympics tennis star.
- Helen Grace De Niro (born 2011): Daughter of De Niro and his fourth wife, Helene Hoehne.
- Gia Virginia Chen-De Niro (born April 2023): Daughter of De Niro and his girlfriend, Tiffany Chen.
De Niro’s children have all chosen different paths in life. Drena is an actress and filmmaker, Raphael is a real estate broker, Julian is an actor, Aaron stays out of the spotlight, Elliot is a Special Olympics tennis star, Helen Grace is still a child, and Gia Virginia is too young to have chosen a path yet.
Related: Will Smith Net Worth
How much is Robert De Niro Worth
Robert De Niro’s net worth is estimated to be around $500 million.
What is Robert De Niro’s most famous role?
Robert De Niro is best known for his roles in films like “The Godfather Part II,” “Taxi Driver,” and “Raging Bull.”
How tall is robert de niro?
Robert De Niro is 5 feet 9 inches tall.
How many kids does robert de niro have?
Robert De Niro has seven children: Drena De Niro (adopted, born 1971), Raphael De Niro (biological, born 1976), Julian Henry De Niro (twin, born 1995), Aaron Kendrick De Niro (twin, born 1995), Elliot De Niro (biological, born 1998), Helen Grace De Niro (biological, born 2011), and Gia Virginia Chen-De Niro (born April 2023).