Russell Crowe is a New Zealand-born Australian actor. He is known for his intense performances, commitment to his craft, and ruggedly handsome good looks. He has won numerous awards for his work, including an Academy Award, two Golden Globe Awards, and a British Academy Film Award.
Table of Contents
Russell Crowe Net Worth
As of 2023, Russell Crowe’s net worth is estimated to be $120 million. He has earned his wealth through his successful career as an actor. Crowe has starred in some of the biggest blockbusters of the past two decades, including the “Gladiator” franchise, “A Beautiful Mind,” and “The Nice Guys.”
Here is a breakdown of Crowe’s earnings from some of his most successful films:
- Gladiator (2000): $5 million
- A Beautiful Mind (2001): $15 million
- Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2003): $20 million
- Cinderella Man (2005): $15 million
- Robin Hood (2010): $20 million
Related: Al Pacino Net Worth
Real Estate Holdings
Russell Crowe owns a number of properties around the world, including:
- Berthong: A waterfront estate in the Elizabeth Bay enclave, which he bought from the Murdoch family in 2001 for $9.5 million. It is now worth an estimated $50 million.
- Woolloomooloo penthouse: A luxury penthouse in the Woolloomooloo waterfront precinct, which he bought in 2014 for $18 million. It is now worth an estimated $25 million.
- South Coogee house: A beachfront house in the South Coogee suburb, which he bought in 2006 for $10 million. It is now worth an estimated $15 million.
Los Angeles, California
- Beverly Hills mansion: A 10,000-square-foot mansion in the Beverly Hills Post Office neighborhood, which he bought in 2007 for $30 million. It is now worth an estimated $40 million.
New York City, New York
- Tribeca apartment: A two-bedroom apartment in the Tribeca neighborhood, which he bought in 2010 for $6 million. It is now worth an estimated $8 million.
Wairarapa, New Zealand
- Ancestral farm: A 140-acre farm in the Wairarapa region, which he inherited from his grandparents. It is now worth an estimated $10 million.
Total estimated value of Russell Crowe’s real estate portfolio: $150 million
Related: Robert De Niro Net Worth
Russell Crowe’s parents are Jocelyn Yvonne (née Wemyss) and John Alexander Crowe.
His father was a film set caterer and hotel manager, and his mother was also a caterer. Crowe’s maternal grandfather, Stan Wemyss, was a cinematographer who was appointed an MBE for filming footage of World War II as a member of the New Zealand Film Unit.
Crowe is Māori, and identifies with Ngāti Porou through one of his maternal great-great-grandmothers. His paternal grandfather, John Doubleday Crowe, was a Welsh man from Wrexham, while another of his grandparents was Scottish.
Crowe’s father passed away in 2023 at the age of 85. Crowe paid tribute to his father on social media, saying that he was “the most gentle of men” and that he would be “forever missed.”
Related: Harrison Ford Net Worth
Russell Crowe has one sibling:
- Terry Crowe
Terry Crowe is Russell Crowe’s older brother. He is a businessman and entrepreneur. He has worked in a variety of industries, including finance, real estate, and tourism. Terry Crowe is also a successful investor and has a number of businesses interests.
Related: Steven Spielberg Net Worth
Russell Crowe was married to Danielle Spencer from 2003 to 2018.
Crowe and Spencer met in 1989 while they were both working on the film The Crossing and the two began an on-again, off-again relationship. In 2001, Crowe and Spencer reconciled, and they were married two years later in April 2003. The wedding took place at Crowe’s cattle property in Nana Glen, New South Wales, with the ceremony taking place on Crowe’s 39th birthday.
In October 2012, Crowe and Spencer announced that they were separating. The couple finalized their divorce in April 2018.
Related: George Clooney Net Worth
Russell Crowe’s girlfriend is Britney Theriot. They have been dating since 2020.
Theriot is a former actress and assistant to Crowe. She is also a real estate agent.
Crowe and Theriot have been seen together on several occasions, but they have kept their relationship relatively private. They made their red carpet debut together in 2022 at the Rome premiere of Crowe’s film Poker Face.
Related: Cameron Diaz Net Worth
Russell Crowe has two sons:
- Charles Spencer Crowe (born December 21, 2003)
- Tennyson Spencer Crowe (born July 7, 2006)
Crowe is a devoted father to his sons and spends as much time with them as possible. He has said that he wants to be a “present father” and that he wants his sons to know that they can always count on him.
Related: Clint Eastwood Net Worth
How much did Russell Crowe get paid for Gladiator?
Russell Crowe was paid $5 million for his role in Gladiator. This was a significant increase from his previous salary, which was $1 million for his role in L.A. Confidential. Crowe’s salary for Gladiator was also higher than the salaries of the other actors in the film, including Joaquin Phoenix, Connie Nielsen, and Oliver Reed.
How much is Crowe worth?
As of 2023, Russell Crowe’s net worth is estimated to be $120 million.
How tall is russell crowe?
Russell Crowe is 5 feet 11.5 inches tall, or 1.82 meters tall.