Shah Rukh Khan (SRK) is an Indian actor, film producer, and television personality who works in Hindi films. He is popularly known as the “Baadshah of Bollywood” and “King Khan”. He has appeared in more than 90 films, and earned numerous accolades, including 14 Filmfare Awards. He has been awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India, as well as the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres and Legion of Honour by the Government of France. Khan has a significant following in Asia and the Indian diaspora worldwide.
Khan was born in New Delhi, India, to a Muslim family. He began his acting career in television in the late 1980s, and made his Bollywood debut in 1992 with the film Deewana. He rose to prominence in the early 1990s with his performances in films such as Baazigar (1993), Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), and Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998). Khan has since starred in a variety of films, including romantic comedies, dramas, action films, and thrillers. Some of his most notable films include Devdas (2002), Swades (2004), Chak De! India (2007), and My Name Is Khan (2010).
In addition to his acting career, Khan is also a successful film producer. He founded the production company Red Chillies Entertainment in 1999, which has produced several successful films, including Main Hoon Na (2004), Om Shanti Om (2007), and Happy New Year (2014). Khan is also a philanthropist, and has supported a number of charitable causes, including education, healthcare, and women’s empowerment.
Khan is one of the most popular and influential actors in the world. He has been praised for his versatility, charisma, and screen presence. He is also known for his humility and his connection with his fans. Khan is a global icon, and his films have entertained and inspired audiences all over the world.
Table of Contents
Shah Rukh Khan Net Worth
Shah Rukh Khan’s net worth is estimated to be around Rs 6,010 crore (US$735 million) in 2023. He is one of the richest actors in the world, and his earnings come from a variety of sources, including:
- Acting: Khan charges around Rs 80-90 crore per Indian film. He has also starred in a number of international films, such as “The World’s Not Enough” (1999) and “My Name Is Khan” (2010).
- Brand endorsements: Khan is one of the most popular celebrity endorsers in India. He has endorsed a wide range of products, including cars, watches, clothing, and soft drinks.
- Production company: Khan owns the production company Red Chillies Entertainment, which has produced several successful films, such as “Main Hoon Na” (2004), “Om Shanti Om” (2007), “Happy New Year” (2014), Jawan (2023) and Pathaan (2023).
- IPL team: Khan owns the Indian Premier League team Kolkata Knight Riders.
Khan is also a successful investor, and has invested in a number of businesses, including the real estate and hotel industry.
Related: Amitabh Bachchan Net Worth
Khan is a global icon, and his films have entertained and inspired audiences all over the world. He is also a generous philanthropist, and has supported a number of charitable causes.
Real Estate Holdings
Shah Rukh Khan is one of the richest actors in the world, and his real estate holdings reflect his wealth and status. Here is a list of some of his most notable properties:
- Mannat, his iconic six-storey sea-facing bungalow in Mumbai, India, is estimated to be worth Rs 200 crore (US$24.5 million).
- Jannat, his luxury villa on Palm Jumeirah in Dubai, UAE, is estimated to be worth Rs 100 crore (US$12.2 million).
- A 14,000-square-foot apartment in London’s Park Lane, UK, is estimated to be worth Rs 183 crore (US$22.4 million).
- A farmhouse in Alibaug, India, is estimated to be worth Rs 15 crore (US$1.8 million).
- A bungalow in Delhi, India, is estimated to be worth Rs 10 crore (US$1.2 million).
In addition to these properties, Khan also owns a number of commercial properties in India and abroad.
Related: Aamir Khan Net Worth
Shah Rukh Khan’s parents are:
- Father: Mir Taj Mohammed Khan (1920-1981)
- Mother: Lateef Fatima Khan (1924-1990)
Khan’s father was a Pathan from Peshawar, which is now in Pakistan. He was an Indian independence activist who participated in the Khudai Khidmatgar movement, a nonviolent resistance movement led by Abdul Ghaffar Khan. Khan’s mother was a magistrate from Andhra Pradesh, India. She was the daughter of a senior government engineer.
Khan’s parents were married in 1959. They had two children: Shah Rukh Khan and his elder sister, Shehnaz Lalarukh. Khan’s father died of cancer in 1981, when Khan was just 15 years old. His mother died of a prolonged illness in 1990.
Khan has often spoken about his parents in interviews and in his speeches. He has said that his father was his role model and that his mother taught him the importance of hard work and humility. He has also said that he is grateful for the values that his parents instilled in him.
Shah Rukh Khan’s wife is Gauri Khan. They were married on October 25, 1991, in a traditional Hindu wedding ceremony, after a six-year courtship.
Gauri Khan is a successful businesswoman in her own right. She is the co-founder and producer of Red Chillies Entertainment, a production company that has produced several successful films, including “Main Hoon Na” (2004), “Om Shanti Om” (2007), and “Happy New Year” (2014). She is also a successful interior designer, and has designed spaces for high-profile individuals such as Mukesh Ambani, Roberto Cavalli, and Ralph Lauren, as well as celebrities.
Gauri Khan is a private person, but she is often seen supporting her husband at public events. She is also known for her sense of style and her impeccable fashion sense.
Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri Khan are one of the most popular and successful couples in India. They have been married for over 30 years, and their relationship is a testament to their love and commitment to each other.
Shah Rukh Khan has three children with his wife, Gauri Khan:
- Aryan Khan (born November 13, 1997) is their eldest child. He is an entrepreneur and aspiring filmmaker. He is currently working on his directorial debut film.
- Suhana Khan (born May 22, 2000) is their daughter. She is an actress and model. She is set to make her Bollywood debut in the upcoming film “The Archies”.
- AbRam Khan (born May 27, 2013) is their youngest child. He is still in school.
Shah Rukh Khan is a very devoted father, and he is very close to his children. He has often spoken about how proud he is of them and how much he loves them.
Khan’s children have also spoken about their father in interviews. They have said that he is the best father they could ask for and that they are very grateful for his love and support.
Khan’s children are all talented and successful in their own right. They are following in their father’s footsteps and making a name for themselves in the entertainment industry.
How much shah rukh khan charge for a movie?
Shah Rukh Khan reportedly charges between Rs 40 to 50 crore per film, along with profit sharing. This makes him one of the highest-paid actors in Bollywood.
How tall is shah rukh khan?
Shah Rukh Khan is 5 feet 8 inches tall (173 centimeters).