Virat Kohli is an Indian international cricketer and the former captain of the Indian national cricket team. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest batsmen in the history of the sport. Kohli is known for his aggressive batting style, his ability to score runs consistently across all formats of the game, and his fitness and dedication. He is also a popular and influential figure off the field, with a large fan base around the world.
Table of Contents
Virat Kohli Net Worth
Virat Kohli’s net worth is estimated to be around INR 1050 crores, or approximately $112 million, as of 2023. He is one of the highest-paid athletes in the world, and his earnings come from a variety of sources, including:
Virat Kohli’s cricket salary comes from two primary sources: his BCCI contract and his IPL contract.
BCCI contract: Kohli is one of the highest-paid cricketers in India, and he earns INR 7 crores per year from his BCCI contract. This puts him in the Grade A+ category of players, which is the highest category in the BCCI’s central contract system.
IPL contract: Kohli is also one of the highest-paid players in the IPL. He earns INR 15 crores per year from his contract with the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB). This makes him one of the most expensive players in the IPL, and it is a testament to his value to the RCB franchise.
In addition to his BCCI and IPL contracts, Kohli also earns match fees and bonuses for playing for India and the RCB. In 2023, he is expected to earn over INR 20 crores from these sources alone.
Overall, Virat Kohli is one of the highest-paid cricketers in the world. His cricket salary alone is estimated to be over INR 30 crores per year.
Virat Kohli is one of the most marketable athletes in the world, and he earns a significant amount of money from brand endorsement deals. He is reportedly associated with over 18 brands, and he charges a fee ranging from INR 7.50 to 10 crores per advertisement shoot.
Some of the brands that Kohli endorses include:
- Cinthol Deo
- Head & Shoulders
- Nestle India
In 2023, Virat Kohli earned over INR 175 crores from brand endorsement deals. This is a significant increase from his earnings in previous years, and it is a testament to his popularity and influence.
Virat Kohli has invested in a number of businesses, including:
- Wrogn: A lifestyle brand that offers a range of products, including clothing, footwear, and accessories. Wrogn is estimated to be worth over INR 1000 crores.
- One8 Commune: A restaurant chain that offers a variety of cuisines, including Indian, Italian, and Continental. One8 Commune is estimated to be worth over INR 50 crores.
- Stepathlon: A fitness app that helps users to track their fitness goals and progress. Stepathlon is estimated to be worth over INR 20 crores.
- One Digital Entertainment: A digital sports platform that offers a variety of content, including live streaming of matches, news, and analysis. One Digital Entertainment is estimated to be worth over INR 10 crores.
- Blue Tribe: A plant-based meat startup. Blue Tribe is estimated to be worth over INR 10 crores.
- Digit Insurance: A digital insurance company. Digit Insurance is estimated to be worth over INR 3500 crores.
- Chisel Fitness: A chain of gyms and fitness centers. Chisel Fitness is estimated to be worth over INR 100 crores.
- Hyperice: A company that manufactures and sells recovery and performance technology products. Hyperice is estimated to be worth over INR 2000 crores.
The total worth of Virat Kohli’s business ventures is estimated to be over INR 5000 crores. This is a significant amount of money, and it is a testament to Kohli’s entrepreneurial acumen.
Real Estate Properties
Virat Kohli and his wife Anushka Sharma own several properties in India, including:
- A luxury bungalow in Mumbai: This 7,171-square-foot bungalow is located on the 35th floor of a high-rise building in Worli, Mumbai. It offers stunning views of the Arabian Sea and the city skyline. The bungalow is estimated to be worth over INR 34 crores.
- A farmhouse in Delhi: This 4,500-square-foot farmhouse is located in a gated community in Gurgaon, Delhi. It features a swimming pool, a tennis court, and a lush garden. The farmhouse is estimated to be worth over INR 80 crores.
- A plot of land in Alibaug: Kohli and Sharma recently purchased a plot of land in Alibaug, Maharashtra, for over INR 19 crores. They reportedly plan to build a luxury farmhouse on the property.
- A villa in Alibaug: Kohli and Sharma also own a villa in Alibaug, which they reportedly purchased in 2022 for over INR 6 crores. The villa features a swimming pool, a garden, and a private beach.
In addition to their properties in India, Kohli and Sharma also own a property in Dubai. The property is reportedly located in the Jumeirah Beach Residence area and is estimated to be worth over INR 50 crores.
Virat Kohli and Sharma are known for their lavish lifestyle, and their real estate portfolio reflects their taste for luxury. Their properties are all located in prime locations and offer stunning views and amenities.
The total worth of Virat Kohli and Sharma’s real estate portfolio is estimated to be over INR 180 crores. This is a significant amount of money, and it is a testament to their wealth and success.
Earning From Instagram
Virat Kohli is one of the highest-earning athletes on Instagram. According to the 2023 Hopper HQ Instagram Rich List, Kohli charges $1,384,000 or over Rs 11.45 crore per post. This puts him in the 14th position on the list, and he is the only Indian to feature in the top 20.
Kohli has over 261 million followers on Instagram, and his posts consistently generate a lot of engagement. He typically posts about his cricket career, his personal life, and his endorsements.
Kohli’s earnings from Instagram are a significant part of his overall income. In 2023, he is expected to earn over Rs 100 crore from Instagram alone.
Here are some of the factors that contribute to Kohli’s high earnings from Instagram:
- Large following: Kohli has a very large following on Instagram, with over 256 million followers. This means that his posts are seen by a lot of people, which makes them more attractive to advertisers.
- High engagement: Kohli’s posts typically generate a lot of engagement, with millions of likes and comments. This shows that his followers are interested in what he has to say, which makes his posts more valuable to advertisers.
- Brand endorsements: Kohli endorses a number of high-profile brands on Instagram. This means that he is able to charge a premium for his posts, as advertisers are willing to pay more to reach his large and engaged audience.
Kohli’s success on Instagram is a testament to his popularity and influence. He is one of the most popular athletes in the world, and his fans are eager to see his posts. This makes him a valuable asset to advertisers, and it is why he is able to charge such high fees for his posts.
Virat Kohli is a car enthusiast and owns a collection of luxury cars, including:
- Audi R8 V10 Plus: This high-performance sports car has a top speed of over 330 km/h and can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in just 3.2 seconds. The R8 V10 Plus is estimated to be worth over INR 2.5 crores.
- Audi R8 LMX: This limited-edition R8 is even more powerful than the V10 Plus and has a top speed of 330 km/h. The R8 LMX is estimated to be worth over INR 3 crores.
- Bentley Continental GT: This luxury grand tourer is known for its luxurious interiors and powerful engine. The Continental GT is estimated to be worth over INR 4 crores.
- Bentley Flying Spur: This luxury sedan is even more luxurious than the Continental GT and offers a more spacious interior. The Flying Spur is estimated to be worth over INR 3.5 crores.
- Land Rover Range Rover Vogue: This luxury SUV is known for its off-road capability and luxurious interiors. The Range Rover Vogue is estimated to be worth over INR 2.5 crores.
- Audi A8 L W12 Quattro: This luxury sedan is known for its powerful engine and spacious interior. The A8 L W12 Quattro is estimated to be worth over INR 1.8 crores.
Virat Kohli is also known to be fond of SUVs and owns a number of them, including the Audi Q7, the Audi Q8, and the Mercedes-Benz GLE.
Virat Kohli’s car collection is estimated to be worth over INR 15 crores.
Virat Kohli is a well-known philanthropist who uses his wealth and platform to support a variety of causes. He is the founder of the Virat Kohli Foundation, which works to help underprivileged children. The foundation has a number of initiatives, including:
- Education: The foundation provides scholarships and educational support to underprivileged children.
- Healthcare: The foundation provides medical care and support to underprivileged children.
- Sports: The foundation provides sports equipment and training to underprivileged children.
- Nutrition: The foundation provides nutritional support to underprivileged children.
Kohli has also donated money to a number of other causes, including:
- COVID-19 relief: In 2021, Kohli and his wife Anushka Sharma donated INR 2 crores to COVID-19 relief efforts in India.
- Animal welfare: Kohli is a passionate advocate for animal welfare and has donated money to a number of animal welfare organizations.
- Environmental protection: Kohli is also committed to environmental protection and has donated money to a number of environmental organizations.
Virat Kohli is a role model for millions of people around the world, and his philanthropy inspires others to give back to their communities. He is a true champion of the underprivileged and is committed to making a difference in the world.
Here are some specific examples of Kohli’s philanthropic work:
- In 2015, Kohli donated INR 9 crores to build a new cricket stadium in his hometown of Delhi.
- In 2018, Kohli launched the #RunForCharity initiative, which raised money for various charitable causes.
- In 2020, Kohli and Sharma launched the #InThisTogether campaign to raise money for COVID-19 relief efforts in India. The campaign raised over INR 11 crores.
Virat Kohli’s philanthropy is not limited to India. He has also donated money to charitable causes around the world. For example, in 2022, he donated INR 1 crore to a charity in Australia that supports children with cancer.
Early Life and Career
Virat Kohli was born on November 5, 1988, in Delhi, India. He showed an early interest in cricket, and at the age of nine, he joined the West Delhi Cricket Academy. He quickly rose through the ranks of the junior cricket system, and in 2008, he led the Indian Under-19 team to victory in the Under-19 World Cup.
Virat Kohli made his international debut in August 2008, and he quickly established himself as one of the most promising young batsmen in the world. He scored his first Test century in his fourth Test match, and he has since gone on to become one of the most successful batsmen in Test cricket history.
In addition to his success in Test cricket, Kohli has also been successful in ODI and T20I cricket. He is the leading run-scorer in both formats of the game, and he has helped India to win a number of major tournaments, including the 2011 Cricket World Cup, the 2013 Champions Trophy, and the 2018 T20 World Cup.
In 2013, Kohli was appointed captain of the Indian ODI team. He led India to victory in the 2013 Champions Trophy, and he has since become one of the most successful captains in Indian cricket history. In 2014, he was appointed captain of the Indian Test team, and he has since led India to victory in a number of Test series, including a series win in Australia in 2018-19.
Kohli is a master batsman in all three formats of the game. He is known for his aggressive batting style, his ability to score runs quickly and consistently, and his fitness and dedication. He is also a popular and influential figure off the field, with a large fan base around the world.
In addition to his cricketing achievements, Kohli is also a successful businessman and philanthropist. He is the founder of the Virat Kohli Foundation, which works to help underprivileged children. He has also donated money to a number of other causes, including education, healthcare, and animal welfare.
Kohli is a role model for millions of people around the world. He is known for his work ethic, his dedication, and his commitment to excellence. He is also an inspiration to young cricketers everywhere.
Here are some additional details about Kohli’s career:
- He is the only player in the history of cricket to have scored 70 or more international centuries.
- He is the leading run-scorer in ODI cricket history, with over 12,000 runs.
- He is the leading run-scorer in T20I cricket history, with over 11,000 runs.
- He has led India to victory in 40 Test matches, more than any other Indian captain.
- He has been named the ICC Cricketer of the Year three times, in 2012, 2017, and 2018.
Kohli is a true legend of the game, and he is still considered to be one of the best batsmen in the world. He continues to inspire and amaze fans with his batting performances, and he is sure to continue to break records in the years to come.
Parents and Siblings
Virat Kohli’s parents are Prem Kohli and Saroj Kohli. He has an older brother named Vikas Kohli and an older sister named Bhawna Kohli.
Prem Kohli was a criminal lawyer and Saroj Kohli is a homemaker. Virat has spoken fondly of his parents in many interviews, crediting them for his success. He has said that his father taught him the importance of hard work and dedication, while his mother taught him the importance of humility and compassion.
Vikas Kohli is an actor and businessman. He is married to Chetna Kohli and they have a son named Aarav Kohli. Bhawna Kohli is married to Sanjay Kohli and they have a daughter named Ayra Kohli.
Wife and Daughter
Virat Kohli is married to Anushka Sharma, a Bollywood actress and producer. They got married in a private ceremony in Italy in December 2017. In January 2021, the couple welcomed their daughter, Vamika.
Kohli and Sharma are one of the most popular celebrity couples in India. They are known for their love and respect for each other, and they often share photos and videos of their family life on social media.
What is the net worth of virat kohli?
Virat Kohli’s net worth is estimated to be over INR 1050 crores, or approximately $112 million, as of 2023. This makes him one of the wealthiest athletes in the world.